Battery powered lawn tools

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
6:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any retailer. This is a Milwaukee tool deal. The retailer I use is a local plumbing wholesale hose not far from you down in Eagan.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Battery Life Expectancy

I raised this question with an Oregon representative, and this was his reply (edited for length and clarity):

'Our Lithium Ion batteries have a life expectancy of up to 1,000 recharges, which is likely more than 10 years for homeowner use.

You can get the best life expectancy if you store the batteries in optimal condition (ambient temperature, 20°C / 68°F). Leaving the batteries for long periods in too cold or too hot temperatures will degrade the cells and shorten their life.

Using the batteries with more powerful tools at their full power (e.g in 'turbo mode') will shorten the number of recharge cycles. Assuming that you use your batteries with a variety of tools, it’s fair to say up to 1,000 recharges.

Life expectancy depends as well of the type of cells you put in the batteries. If you put cheap cells, you may get half, or even fewer, recharge cycles. For our Oregon batteries, we only source cells from the top tier manufacturers (Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic).'

Philbert

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
7:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Temp is a critical factor of the float voltage needed to charge and maintain cells. The colder the temp the higher the voltage.

We use battery heater pads on the deep cycle batts at work to power our remote sites. They use a temp sensor of ambient air vrs batt post temp to regulate the voltage.

pgk1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I bought my wife one of those small Stihl HSA25 cordless shrub shears, she likes them so much she won't let me use them! Win Win! 68 degrees? Maybe if they were going to used on a regular basis, I've been into both gas, nitro and electric RC and with all my lipo batts. I have always stored them in a frig at 38 and 3.85 volts per cell for long term storage and I have batteries that are going on ten years old and they still hold and take full charges like they did when new.

BGE541

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would recommend the Echo line... I never would recommend a battery tool unless it was due to limitations... they have 2 and 4 ah batteries, quick chargers, batteries are warranted and have a lot of tools that will run off them. The leaf blower at the shop gets demod weekly and hasn’t been charged in over a year...