StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello everyone hope you are having a good day. I apologize I know this is a outdoor power equipmentforum and not a automotive one. But this is the only social media I'm part of and actually care to be part of. I know some of you do automotive work. I'm at a loss on this situation. Ive only got mechanical experience with vehicles. Electrical components im not familiar with especially something as new as this.

Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to connect to?? I cant seem to find where it goes or what it connects to. 2017 Chevy equinox 2.4l under the dash there is this red wire that is just dangling there I was thinking by the looks it was connected to part of the security system. but the alarm sounds without any problems. Thanks in advance

PXL_20241012_202451457.jpgPXL_20241012_202512229.jpgPXL_20241012_202536549.jpg

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The conspiracy theorist in me would lead to think...maybe a vehicle tracker...but even on a de-install, you always clean up your mess or make it look like its always been there.

StihlEchoingHusky

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The conspiracy theorist in me would lead to think...maybe a vehicle tracker...but even on a de-install, you always clean up your mess or make it look like its always been there.
Yeah that would make since. It's my mother's and she bought it from a Chevy dealership used. $11k with 68k miles on it. This is the only things that's out of the ordinary. I took my bore scope all over it.

Ngk ruthenium plugs and ngk ignition coils were put on just before the dealership bought it off the prior owner. Piston crowns looked like they had just gotten through break in period they are that clean. I've since done a oil change out of curiosity and it came out clean as hell as well. The crap rings that started The lawsuit with gm aren't a worry with it. The guy before had installed new mauhle rings and pistons after apparently stroking it. Plug the exhaust system had magnaflow cats. I'm kinda tempted on throwing a spare flow master that I have on it just because why not?

No clue why but I think he was trying to go for a performance built 4 banger 🤣 but got interested in something else part way through it. To each their own I guess.
The price and low mileage plus the upgrades had me looking at every inch of this vehicle. It has seemed like one of those too good to be true situations. Especially considering where and when she bought it.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried to trace where the wire bundle leads to? As Ed said, definitely aftermarket. Just looks to be a power lead to somewhere with the inline fuse holder.