Any Australian members interested in a Stihl 080

bertfixessome

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was at a swap yesterday & saw a Stihl 080 chain saw with earth auger ( post hole digger ) and timber auger plus bits.
Back in the day you would fell the tree, cut out the posts, dig out the post hole dump it in then drill the bolt holes, all with the one tool.
Definately suit a collector but it is both very heavy & bulky
I told the seller to look me up in the classified & I would pass on any potential purchasers.
Note I am not acting as a brooker or taking any commissions.
I would have bought it in a flash if it did not have all of the attachments which I would not use & do not have the space to store .

Dennisthemenace

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a 08s and those attachments are very desirable if complete. Probably worth as much as the saw

bertfixessome

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a 08s and those attachments are very desirable if complete. Probably worth as much as the saw
Which is what I told him on the day
HE was asking $ 200 for the lot which included original owners manuals for all of them, collectors gold .
I did ask him to get back to me as he lives around the corner & I would post it for him as the swap was at Bathurst 200 km away.
He has not called so I would assume he must have sold it on the day but if he does I will get back here.