Air compressors

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my little "Hot Dog" one from Fini is not building air pressure anymore. I tried looking for parts and they just don't sell them. Every part but the actual main components. So, ef it. Anybody got any idea's on where I can find a oiled compressor? I can mount it to the wall or floor. I got access to a manufacturing facility that can make anything I want or need. I just need the pump and a motor for shop air. I definitely don't need over 125 psi. Just some general direction and some idea's would be great. Hopefully something that one can get replacement part for would be super handy. I'm getting really tired of things wearing out and zero replacement parts are available.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What kind of CFM's do you need? Do you have a tank?
I know of an old school pump (and motor) from a deep freezer I believe (can be used for pressure or vacuum) lower cfm but had previously been able to built a good bit more than 125psi. Not used in 10 yrs or so.
Might take a couple of days to dig out and test.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's mainly used for just working on saws. Mostly just blowing stuff out and a air impact from time to time. Atm cfm ain't really an issue. I'm just looking for one with oil this time and replaceable parts. I have a 5 and now a 2 gal tanks.

Sloughfoot

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This style compressor was mostly made by the same company for multiple brands in the 70s, 80s. I'm sure you've seen them. Millions of them sold. Rebuild kits are cheap and plentiful. Replacement motors are plentiful. I restored one and have another to restore some day. New ones sell for upwards of $500. You can get decent used ones for $150.