Trader history (2)

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one is gonna hurt me to sell. I'm actually hoping it doesn't but I have to list it to keep peace.

Bought this one in the spring/summer. Was supposed to be fully rebuilt and it wasn't. I tore it down to the cases and cleaned/ inspected everything. Did not split it didn't find any signs that it needed to be. Originally I wasn't impressed with the way the cyl cleaned up, but I guess I'm just picky. I showed it to a couple guys and even posted it up in a wanted ad. Everybody said it would be fine and well after several tanks I can confirm this.

When I reassembled it I used the golf piston that was in it when I recived it. It was never started but whoever installed it never cleaned the cyl so it had some light scratches. I went around it very lightly with a gray 3m pad. Just to make sure there weren't any high/sharp spots. I do have a new mako piston that will go with the saw, or I can install it if the new owner wishes.

I ditched the base gasket and used 518. Has a decent muff mod. Not super loud, but much better than factory. Sorry I didn't have any intentions of selling so I didn't keep provisions for a spark screen.

Saw runs really well. Didn't keep tract of how many tanks through it. Going to guess 6-8. Heated handles work great. Brake functions as it should and it oils like crazy.

Only thing I'm not really happy with is the clutch cover is aftermarket. Other than that it is a damn fine unit.

$650 pho and actual shipping (f&f or add the fee). Only thing that I would risk the dog house for on trade would be a leftover/very nice jred 2165,2166,2171,2172 or 346xpg.

1216191250.jpg 1216191250a.jpg 1216191251.jpg 1216191251a.jpg 1216191252.jpg

Edit: I should add the decomp has been plugged and the hole filled on the cover. I will include a valve with the saw if you desire. I only used some rtv to plug the hole. So it will pop right out easily if needed.

2nd edit: can also swap out the small dogs for a set of west coast if needed.

Steven

Last edited: