395 on/off switch won’t turn off

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Switch had been working like normal. Went to turn off the saw and it will not turn off. Choked to turn off. Bought a new switch...same thing. All of the wiring looks fine no bare spots that I found.

Any ideas? A faulty replacement switch?

Huntaholic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pull the starter housing and make sure your ground wire isn't broken and the screw is tight. Beyond that, theres not much besides the switch to mess up all the switch does is short the coil to ground, killing the spark. I have however, had one coil that the blue wire terminal broke inside the coil and the switch wouldn't kill it. I had to replace that coil which wasn't a big deal, Ive got tons of them laying around. A new one from my dealer is $56 bucks which is a lot cheaper than I expected!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I removed both the black and blue wires and made sure there were no nicks. None there. Tested both switches for continuity, both work appropriately. Put it all together and it seems to work now. Weird.
Sometimes sawdust gets on connections. I always have to eff with it on the 024/026’s I’ve worked on.

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bad crimp on the wire that goes to the switch, not the one that is held by a screw... that's where I'd look

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Piss on the plug wire. It will turn you and the saw right off :D
Your Welcome. My tip for the day. Got to get back moving.