CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Chris will this work? Its sand blasted so it will need some paint! If so PM your address!
1704ede3425c27bb234a7bbf1a5998bd.jpg

Hi Dan. It will work for sure but I'm trying to find the correct support for the 1990 mufflers so I can keep the saws looking original. Thanks for offering that up!

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Dan. It will work for sure but I'm trying to find the correct support for the 1990 mufflers so I can keep the saws looking original. Thanks for offering that up!
Oh I see....I'll look some more!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think I can do a little modification on that to make it work in place of a four bolt cover. You'd need to send both the muffler, and the cover. That is, if the size of the square recess is correct.

CJ Brown

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I can do a little modification on that to make it work in place of a four bolt cover. You'd need to send both the muffler, and the cover. That is, if the size of the square recess is correct.
Hi Randy. Thanks for the offer I do appreciate it. The face on the 4 bolt is perfectly flat and all the subsequent 2 bolt styles had various features stamped into the face of the support. I have a few different supports here that I could mod but short of making a mold and stamping out a new bracket, it would be tough to make a newer style bracket look exactly like a 1990 bracket when held in your hand. And actually, any of the brackets from the 262 series will work just fine with the 4 bolt muffler, I am just looking for these simply to keep a couple saws exactly as they came from the factory just from a purist standpoint. I know most normal people could care less but as you know I'm not normal lol. :goofy::goofy::goofy:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Randy. Thanks for the offer I do appreciate it. The face on the 4 bolt is perfectly flat and all the subsequent 2 bolt styles had various features stamped into the face of the support. I have a few different supports here that I could mod but short of making a mold and stamping out a new bracket, it would be tough to make a newer style bracket look exactly like a 1990 bracket when held in your hand. And actually, any of the brackets from the 262 series will work just fine with the 4 bolt muffler, I am just looking for these simply to keep a couple saws exactly as they came from the factory just from a purist standpoint. I know most normal people could care less but as you know I'm not normal lol. :goofy::goofy::goofy:

Welp.....I get it. LOL

CJ Brown

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bumping this one back up. I found another real nice 1990 262XP but someone put a newer style muffler on it. I have NOS 4 bolt mufflers but I still need the 4 bolt muffler bracket. Anyone? I have cash or I have lots of older Husky parts including some NOS if a trade works better for you.