Trader history (0)

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those collars that fit around the intake are all crumbling in the older 262's. I started to clean one the other day to see if I could epoxy it together and it crumbled under a toothbrush's pressure with a light degreaser. So I ordered 4, they will be discontinued when the stocks run out.... This one was heated when an airleak developed at the gasket between the intake and the KS cylinder. It was the oldest HD87 262 I have ever come across.
Glad I got mine when I did.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know, thanks for the tip. I might as well put some away too as the 262's I have are not going anywhere. I have found out that the gaskets around the intake get brittle too. Another way to ruin a cylinder. Thats the only thing that they might have designed better.

CrufflerJJ

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those collars that fit around the intake are all crumbling in the older 262's. I started to clean one the other day to see if I could epoxy it together and it crumbled under a toothbrush's pressure with a light degreaser. So I ordered 4, they will be discontinued when the stocks run out.... This one was heated when an airleak developed at the gasket between the intake and the KS cylinder. It was the oldest HD87 262 I have ever come across.

Thanks for that piece of info. I went ahead & ordered a couple sealing collars for my 262. There don't seem to be too many places selling these.