HELP! 2015 Toro 22321 Mini Compact Track Loader - wants to stall going uphill

New-Old

OPE Member
Local time
4:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up a little Dingo - it is 'ok' only in small text, but it seems to lack power and wants to s

It seems like it runs ok at a slow speed, but trying to go faster, or uphill, Dingo wants to stall.

I'm used to larger equipment, so, I need some help, such as where to look, and what to do, to make this old dog hunt again.

She has a lot of hours.

New-Old

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m assuming it’s a gas engine. Sounds like you have carburetor trouble. Possibly the float in the carb.
I like that logic, and yes, it is a gas engine. Who knows what duct tape and baling wire I'll be finding?

New-Old

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They aren’t terribly hard to work on. I removed and replaced the kohler in mine in a couple hours.
Good to know, but it will take time for me to learn the in & outs, such as where the heck is the carb, does it have rich/lean adjustment, a removable bowl, or what? Actually, the stalling reminds me more like the engine is flooding, like the choke is closing. But thanks, Woody, love the Woodpecker. ;)

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't seen a service manual - but here is an operators manual with some maintenance and troubleshooting help.

Attachments

• Toro 22321 operators manual.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

bertfixessome

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get some one to stand on the platform and push the bucket down into the earth to load up the system .
While this is happening watch the throttle .
If the governor is working properly you should see the throttle arm move to open the throttle to compensate for the extra load on the engine.
Go to Toro.com service section and download the parts and service manuals
Two things cause the engine to stall under load
1) governor not working
2) bypass not releasing pressure