2 Guys in a Bucket?

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
4:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw this yesterday in my neighborhood. 2 guys, from a national service, working out of the same bucket. One guy cut, and the other held, then grabbed and tossed, the tree limbs.

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

I have never see this before, and was wondering if it is common, allowed, safe, etc.?

Both were tied off with full body harnesses. Bucket was boldly marked '300 Pound Capacity' (they were skinny guys). Seemed like a tight space for 2 guys to work, especially when one is running a chainsaw.

Really nice, tracked bucket, with a lot of articulation, BTW!

Philbert

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never saw that before. The guy could just cut the limbs smaller so he can handle them himself and not overload the weight capacity of the bucket.

That surely doesn't look like a two man bucket to me!

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if this is their response to not being issued or not having a running top handle? For sure not OSHA approved technique. Would get a stop work order here faster than they could call their boss...

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Not kosher. That's a single person bucket all day long. They do make 2 man buckets(500# capacity is most common on them) where this practice could be okay, but not too common around here. If the branch is too big for one man to handle it is common practice for said branch to be rigged down with a block and rope.