Woodboiler Aquastats

Tractorsaw1

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had a Heatmor 200 since 2005 & seems like the Honeywell aquastat on the low side goes bad about every 6 years or so -I'm sure that bouncing some pieces off the back wall occasionally doesn't help. Has anyone converted to a Ranco style digital controller? I haven't researched it a lot on the probe sizes & how to wire it up. My dealer didn't have any & I picked up the wrong one - maybe I can swap some of the guts?

Also its time to clean out the hot water plate - any good products to pickup locally to circulate thru that? Last time it clogged up I took it somewhere to clean it out but installed the valving to do it in place. Last night I used ZEP & seem to work pretty good.

Tractorsaw1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bump, I still need to do this conversion & heating season is amongst us - anyone?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We still just use the mechanical stat in my inlaws hardy. Sorry not too much help Patrick.

Hows everything else? Hows your boy?

Tractorsaw1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No worries - Daniels great - had a lot of fun fishing this summer. We went a lot lol - every night I would get home from work "so dad - what are we doing tonight?" Its been busy but enjoying life. Got out to hunt a little with my dad who came up from Florida. High school softball is over - soccer & volleyball not far behind. 2 truck loads of firewood cut & stacked at the stove. How are you guys? thanks!