What's on your bench?

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My crankshaft tool says 20 oz on the head! But, I also use a HF heat gun!
I'm doing it this way for now on but will still freeze the crankshafts for fore or five hours I'm tired of running like a chicken with it's head cut off and me Being legally blind it's never a good thing to be rushed so doing a crank install this way will be much nicer for me. Lol

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have practiced enough on these 440/460 and 660 saws (mostly Asian except the 460s) I can almost do them with my eyes closed.

Even with the pre installed seals, I have only had to replace 2 seals on Asian 660s.

Just a reminder … don't ask how I know … never pressure test or flush the case with mix until you remember to install the seals.

Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have practiced enough on these 440/460 and 660 saws (mostly Asian except the 460s) I can almost do them with my eyes closed.

Even with the pre installed seals, I have only had to replace 2 seals on Asian 660s.

Just a reminder … don't ask how I know … never pressure test or flush the case with mix until you remember to install the seals.

Pro tip: when working on multiple saws don’t put the wrong cylinder on the wrong saw and wonder why it won’t run......

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice looking tools bro.
Thanks I'll post some more pics once there all completed I couldn't afford to buy the tools and lucky for me my friend has a lathe so we figured why not just make them but there a little different and not as perty but they should work just fine.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yea i pop the seals out them bearings need a good flush job lol there's a lot of crud in there next one I build will be getting different bearings really spendy one's but will free up a lot of power and last for a long time.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me and a close buddy of mine made some crankshaft tools this morning will be Finnished tomorrow maybe. View attachment 151001
they will do an awesome job for you, just a warning, when you first made your first crank mounting tool tou'll soon make tools for the other saws also.
I see you lathe out a iron sleeve also, its the materiale I would recommend.
Nice job bro!

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always flush the bearings well, but they seem real smooth to me after I do it. Doubt you will notice any power difference from different bearings, but perhaps get some addl durability.
I think it will be the longevity but putting a ceramic bearing on the pto side will free up some friction. :)

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
they will do an awesome job for you, just a warning, when you first made your first crank mounting tool tou'll soon make tools for the other saws also.
I see you lathe out a iron sleeve also, its the materiale I would recommend.
Nice job bro!
Thank you I had my friend make to mor for different saw's and going to make a couple more sleeves but it's on hold until the last tap comes. Lol.