High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's on your bench?

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've tested a few new blowers but I'll never give up my 420. That thing blows. Stihl makes the best blowers hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mason, does the non M Tron seem a bit lighter than the M Tron version???
Yes, however this particular mtronic saw has some goodies on it that make it a little heavier than the real apples to apples difference is. West coast clutch cover, roller chain catch, dual large dogs, HO oiler and stiffer AV springs to name a few. Someone swapped the full wrap for a half wrap or else it would be a complete “R” package saw.

TX_Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20191107_193302.jpgLittle 350 that was a freebie from a friend of mine. He brought it to me not running. Had a scored piston. Either an air leak or straight gassed. He didn't want to fix it and bought a poulan pro. I'm into it for about $40 for a new piston, fuel lines and a few missing screws. Should have it running tonigh .

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's going to be a great long winter with some good shop time.

Been hoarding Honda CR250R motor parts off of Ebay for the last month or so. Going to make a nice bikesaw to go along with my little YZ125 saw.
The Honda is not going to be a ESR 330 big bore bikesaw but it will handle a 18"-20" pine log just fine with just 50h.p. Don't need 60 horse.
Both engines are going through a total build with carbon fiber and titanium (fricking expensive).
The right hand ignition Honda will have the same profile as the little YZ125 in the back ground.
Both will have bi directional PVL ignitions to reverse their crank rotations.
They'll both be light and compact for the cold start contests. The YZ will be the weight of a 3120XP.
CR250 running 28"b/c, YZ- 18".
Still got alot more stuff coming in the mail, parts out of the UK are taking forever.
Got brand new Mikuni Super BN jet ski carbs coming, their going to work really well, especially in the down draft position what they're designed for. Perfect for my 2 saws.
20191108_190230.jpg 20191108_190541.jpg 20191108_190708.jpg s-l400 (3).jpg

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Been hoarding Honda CR250R motor parts off of Ebay for the last month or so. Going to make a nice bikesaw to go along with my little YZ125 saw.
The Honda is not going to be a ESR 330 big bore bikesaw but it will handle a 18"-20" pine log just fine with just 50h.p. Don't need 60 horse.
Both engines are going through a total build with carbon fiber and titanium (fricking expensive).
The right hand ignition Honda will have the same profile as the little YZ125 in the back ground.
They'll both be light and compact for the cold start contests. The YZ will be the weight of a 3120XP.
Still got alot more stuff coming in the mail, parts out of the UK are taking forever.
Got brand new Mikuni Super BN jet ski carbs coming, their going to work really well, especially in the down draft position what they're designed for. Perfect for my 2 saws.
View attachment 206781 View attachment 206782 View attachment 206783 View attachment 206784
Cool, I like my big bore Honda’s! What year cr? 83?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 206781 View attachment 206782 View attachment 206783 View attachment 206784
Are you going to modify a trx pipe? Vforce 3’s, you going to run trx or cr style reed cages?

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going to modify a trx pipe? Vforce 3’s, you going to run trx or cr style reed cages?
Hey Mac , I was looking for your TrX thread.
Yep it's a 1983. The birth year of the CR250R up to 2001. No power valve, porting looks the same as the CR's in the 1990s.
I picked that year because it's the last year they had right hand ignitions which my YZ125 has and I want to build them both the same profile which works for me. PVL ignition makes them run reverse rotation so I can get the b/c on right hand drive.
LED make beautiful pipes and that's who I'd like to make mine for both saws.
I'm running Boyesen Pro Series carbon reeds on both factory reed cages with stoppers deleted. Would like to try a ESR v force 3 series on the CR250 but I think the Pro series with a ported factory cage is all I need.
Crank works will true and weld the pin on the crank along with a new ProX rod and bearings.

In the last month I've learned a ton about the cr250r, very impressive engine.

Last edited:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Mac , I was looking for your TrX thread.
Yep it's a 1983. The birth year of the CR250R up to 2001. No power valve, porting looks the same as the CR's in the 1990s.
I picked that year because it's the last year they had right hand ignitions which my YZ125 has and I want to build them both the same profile which works for me. PVL ignition makes them run reverse rotation so I can get the b/c on right hand drive.
Arlen and Chris at LED make beautiful pipes and that's who'll make mine for both saws.
I'm running Boyesen Pro Series carbon reeds on both factory reed cages with stoppers deleted. Would like to try a ESR v force 3 series on the CR250 but I think the Pro series with a ported factory cage is all I need.
Crank works will true and weld the pin on the crank along with a new ProX rod and bearings.

In the last month I've learned a ton about the cr250r, very impressive engine.
Led build some nice pipes indeed! With porting head work and pipe you could get into the low to mid 40hp range with the 250cc pretty easy, the 330 should hit 50hp reliably and be easy to start, less compression, and have a wide power cure. the oem cage isn’t bad, the 01 cr cage with 07 reeds is supposed to support 50+ hp. A stock 01 is 47-48hp. Looking forward to the build!