Whats on the Grill or Smoker?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I think that's a bit rich. Dizzy pig is pretty proud though, usually 10-13 for an 8 oz shaker. I usually end up getting the quarts. 2 of those and a bag of Rockwood later I'm into 6 figure range. Makes me appreciate good ole salt pepper and garlic on a brisket.
Hard to beat salt, pepper, garlic.
It’s my go to for damn near everything

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your ham steak looks done

Lol. Had me for a second. It was in there from my last pork project. Figured, what the heck, some apple smoke isn't gonna hurt anything.

In related news, I talked the guy down to $400 for the big green egg. It's an hour and a half away, but my neighbor has a place over there. He's picking it up Tuesday. Pretty stoked to figure that thing out. Gonna have to start making my own charcoal. Anyone with a kamado grill try just scooping hot coals out of a bonfire?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Had me for a second. It was in there from my last pork project. Figured, what the heck, some apple smoke isn't gonna hurt anything.

In related news, I talked the guy down to $400 for the big green egg. It's an hour and a half away, but my neighbor has a place over there. He's picking it up Tuesday. Pretty stoked to figure that thing out. Gonna have to start making my own charcoal. Anyone with a kamado grill try just scooping hot coals out of a bonfire?
I just use lump charcoal

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I don’t get my ass back in here...I’m gonna be sucking hind tit. Damn near ready to loiter on Steve or Deets property...I’ll bring my own camper, generators...just knock on the damn door when the groceries are ready. Some fine looking eats fellas...bar none!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stepped into an environment that I’ve never sampled before...I bought and indoor grill. Never done this. I bought the Ninja Foodi Pro 5 in 1, with the meat probe addition...it’s a pretty bad ass machine. It gives you grill taste indoors, without having to fool with getting coals ready, etc... outside. Absolutely no smoke indoors. I’ve done thighs, half-chickens on it so far. It did two seasoned half chickens in about 40 mins. And they were half frozen. The thighs I did night before last we’re completely frozen...just sampling what this thing will do. The half chickens and thighs turned out damn fine. It’ll sear to 510 degs for steaks, air crisp, bake, broil, dehydrate. I’ll never never use the dehydrate function...I’ve got a ten rack square dehydrator for that.

But I’m pretty impressed with it. No sense in me giving the spill, go on-line take a look at the reviews, etc. I like it because I need to gear myself more towards quick grilling, cooking, for one to two folks...I need to cut the mass cooking out. I’ve always over-grilled...just the nature of the beast I suppose. It’s what I’ve done for many years.

If you’re interested in an indoor grill, no smoke, etc...take a look at this thing. It does it’s thing in a fraction of the time doing something outdoors. The groceries are done within the time you can crank up a charcoal chimney starter getting coals ready.

Little food for thought...juss sayin.

I wouldn’t recommend this thing if it was a turd...you f’rs know me better than this!

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I stepped into an environment that I’ve never sampled before...I bought and indoor grill. Never done this. I bought the Ninja Foodi Pro 5 in 1, with the meat probe addition...it’s a pretty bad ass machine. It gives you grill taste indoors, without having to fool with getting coals ready, etc... outside. Absolutely no smoke indoors. I’ve done thighs, half-chickens on it so far. It did two seasoned half chickens in about 40 mins. And they were half frozen. The thighs I did night before last we’re completely frozen...just sampling what this thing will do. The half chickens and thighs turned out damn fine. It’ll sear to 510 degs for steaks, air crisp, bake, broil, dehydrate. I’ll never never use the dehydrate function...I’ve got a ten rack square dehydrator for that.

But I’m pretty impressed with it. No sense in me giving the spill, go on-line take a look at the reviews, etc. I like it because I need to gear myself more towards quick grilling, cooking, for one to two folks...I need to cut the mass cooking out. I’ve always over-grilled...just the nature of the beast I suppose. It’s what I’ve done for many years.

If you’re interested in an indoor grill, no smoke, etc...take a look at this thing. It does it’s thing in a fraction of the time doing something outdoors. The groceries are done within the time you can crank up a charcoal chimney starter getting coals ready.

Little food for thought...just saying!

I wouldn’t recommend this thing if it was a turd...you f’rs know me better than this!

Jason, more info PM me.