High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Timber Tuff Grinding Wheels

Wisconsin Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I used up the 1/8" wheel that came with my Tecomec Super Jolly, well I didn't use it up all the way I dropped the f-ing thing and it cracked, either way, I don't have chains that need an 1/8" wheel, just use that size for my buddies stuff, so Im not buying a CBN wheel yet.

I have two "Timber Tuff" wheels I got at Fleet Farm last week and they are both completely wonky, vibrate, don't run true. Is this a Timber Tuff issue or an "every pink wheel" issue and I need too order some name brand stuff online.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Timber Tuff is a low price line: their quality is often not the same on some of their items.

Check out eBay seller ‘ArcherPlus’, who is based out of the Saint Paul area, and who imports/distributes the Tecomec grinding wheels very reasonably (especially if buying more than one - mix and match sizes).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382307049676?hash=item590346a0cc:g:rW4AAOSwVA5aLV3N

Philbert

Last edited:

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Timber Tuff is a low price line: their quality is often not the same on some of their items.

Check out eBay seller ‘ArcherPlus’, who is based out of the Saint Paul area, and who imports/distributes the Tecomec grinding wheels very reasonably (especially if buying more than one - mix and match sizes).

Philbert
What is the difference between the green wheels and the pink wheels on their site?

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wisconsin Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Philbert

Thank you Phil, I ordered a Tecomec wheel from that guy just now. I hope these are made in different factories LOL

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tecomec's Green wheels are medium hardness. Softer than the pink wheels but harder than the gray. They are an excellent general purpose wheel that balances speed of cutting with wheel wear. So it says.

Wisconsin Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I liked the way the green ones that came with it cut, The CBN wheel is cool and I know it doesn't matter but that burr drives me nuts.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I liked the way the green ones that came with it cut, The CBN wheel is cool and I know it doesn't matter but that burr drives me nuts.
I always thought the green ones were pretty good. The lighter pink wheels like the Timber Tuff come on some grinders but I never cared for them. I actually have no preference between the green Tecomec and my cbn wheel.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had good experiences with: Tecomec, Oregon, Total, and Molemab branded abrasive wheels grinding chains. I would use any of them.

I suspect that these are all manufactured by Molemab (?), but are not necessarily ‘identical’: grit size and type of abrasive can vary, along with the prices (!).

‘Total’ was the ‘house brand’ of Tilton Industries, who used to be the importer / distributor for Tecomec, Jonsered, Tsumura, and other products, but they closed shop several years back, so NLA, except as NOS.

Molemab branded wheels I mostly saw on Bailey’s site, but might be offered other places too.

ArcherPlus was started by a former Tilton guy, who picked up the Tecomec, Tsumura, and Archer lines, among others. They are close to me, and very easy to work with, so I am happy to support and recommend them.

Philbert

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 1/8 wheel that came with my timber tuff grinder has quite a bit of run out. It’s obvious when you grind a few chains and the black that loads up on the wheel is only on 1/4 of the circumference. I gave my 3/16 away to a guy who needed one in a pinch. Not sure if he ever replaced it. I own a 3/16 cbn. I thought about getting a higher quality 1/8 stone wheel but for the three chains or so a year I do… I just live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an 1/8'' cbn, when I have to replace the 3/16'' it will be another cbn.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
‘Sometimes’ you can flip a grinding wheel over, or rotate it on the arbor, to reduce run out. I played around with a dial indicator, trying some things on some cheap Grizzly brand chain grinders.

On some of the cheaper grinders the run out is on the arbor.

Better option is flat wheels and true arbors.

Philbert

Wisconsin Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My 1/8 wheel that came with my timber tuff grinder has quite a bit of run out. It’s obvious when you grind a few chains and the black that loads up on the wheel is only on 1/4 of the circumference. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO the ones I have here did the same thing.

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 1/8 wheel that came with my timber tuff grinder has quite a bit of run out. It’s obvious when you grind a few chains and the black that loads up on the wheel is only on 1/4 of the circumference. I gave my 3/16 away to a guy who needed one in a pinch. Not sure if he ever replaced it. I own a 3/16 cbn. I thought about getting a higher quality 1/8 stone wheel but for the three chains or so a year I do… I just live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also checked my new Forestor brand wheel set. It also has some runout. About 1/3 of the wheel is making contact.

Cheato

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes a paper crush washer/disk on the backside of the wheel can help cure the run out. Never hurst to try. This may be obvious to most of you (but maybe not to some folks) you can turn the wheel into another position creating a less run out situation. My apologies if I am being Capt. Obvious. :)