kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Adamski
It works decent. It pressurized it some but it lets me know instantly if a piece of grit that is to large for the tube backs it up. I just turn the bottle back over and fish out the “rock” then go on.
It will bubble the bottom of the bottle some when it does it.
I’m running about 15-25 psi at the regulator with 50’ of hose. Using play sand sifted through a wire colander

Last edited:

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope you're right. Mine's on the waiting list. Never run a ported saw. Gonna run 3/8 64dl. Hoping it's a real animal on all of my 8-15 inch wood.

My stock 5105 works great for wood that size, and most of what it eats is Locust, Hedge Apple, and other hard stuff.

homeheater

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My stock 5105 works great for wood that size, and most of what it eats is Locust, Hedge Apple, and other hard stuff.
I'm sure they do. I have not ever ran one before even srock. I bought mine with the intention of getting it ported so i figured I would do the builder a favor and leave it unused. Good thing Kevin has high recommendations I could get back a stock saw and never even know it. My hopes are to use a 17" bar for everyday use with the option of being able to pull a 20" just fine and let my 6400 collect dust and only ever use it if I absolutely have to have a 24"

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure they do. I have not ever ran one before even srock. I bought mine with the intention of getting it ported so i figured I would do the builder a favor and leave it unused. Good thing Kevin has high recommendations I could get back a stock saw and never even know it. My hopes are to use a 17" bar for everyday use with the option of being able to pull a 20" just fine and let my 6400 collect dust and only ever use it if I absolutely have to have a 24"
Mine is ported never ran one stock. It wears a 20 all the time I hate bending over.:D:D:D:D

homeheater

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have thought about getting a second one stock just to see the difference.
I almost bought one today. Found a place I did not know was a dealer. Had a 5105 new at a good price. I know they are the same but I haven't warmed up to the Makita named saws.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found a place I did not know was a dealer.

Sadly, that describes pretty much every Dolmar dealer we had here. Not a single one has switched to Makita either, they just added more of the marquee brand (Stihl/Husky/Echo) to what little space Dolmar occupied.

homeheater

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much.
395. Not spectacular, but considering people around here paying that for the Farm Boss. I have no interest in auto/tronic and I can't use all of my saws as it is so I passed. Next purchase to be a 3601 formy son's first saw. Maybe I should pony up for a 352 from across the pond so I can have a Dolmar.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly, that describes pretty much every Dolmar dealer we had here. Not a single one has switched to Makita either, they just added more of the marquee brand (Stihl/Husky/Echo) to what little space Dolmar occupied.
The issue is that makita is pushing battery op and not stocking a pro gas powered top handle and a 90cc saw. So they effectively cut themselves off from the pro/tree service market which is bread and butter for most small dealers. Then when they push small dealers to sell power tools like 18v drill/impacts etc etc they don’t offer small dealers a price per unit that can match box store and internet prices. From all the dealers I talk to... Milwaukee at least offers the power tools at a price to dealers where they can make some $$$. I hate to say it but I don’t see independent makita/dolmar dealers lasting long and will eventually be only found at box stores (Home Depot, acme tool). Also they have no continuity of part pricing at all... a new 6100 top end can be had for $120-ish but yet they can’t seem to get 5105 and 7900 pistons down to $45-$50????

I’m a huge makita/dolmar fan but they need to pull their heads out of their backsides... when I need to order oem parts from overseas to keep the cost managable... they have issues...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm hoping that eventually Makita gets tired of Dolmar and cuts them loose. Makita is known for their battery tools and they sure as hell don't need Dolmar's help there. Certainly no more than Dolmar needs Makita's help to make chainsaws. Maybe the process will be hastened now that their storefront dealer network in the USA has almost vanished.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm hoping that eventually Makita gets tired of Dolmar and cuts them loose. Makita is known for their battery tools and they sure as hell don't need Dolmar's help there. Certainly no more than Dolmar needs Makita's help to make chainsaws. Maybe the process will be hastened now that their storefront dealer network in the USA has almost vanished.

Makita bought dolmar almost 30 years ago they aren’t cutting Dolmar loose. Even if they did, it’s not as if Dolmar is going to have enough market share to make it on their own. Besides makita needs dolmars 2-stroke engine department for their concrete saws and other gas power equipment.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright a little help, I can’t find this flywheel number anywhere in any of the ipls I have for 9000/9010
Trying to figure out what ignition components I have here
60449D42-9988-4EF7-B36F-CCDB11171D58.jpeg

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Alright a little help, I can’t find this flywheel number anywhere in any of the ipls I have for 9000/9010
Trying to figure out what ignition components I have here
View attachment 204097
Its more likely than not that you have the 9000 flywheel and coil combo so you may find ...this... of some usefulness .

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 15.59.36.png