High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Sig226y

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between ps6100 that come with .325 chain and the ones with 3/8 chain. Besides just the chain, is all else the same?

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw is an interesting one, however I can't say much about its history. Bought thru ebay, the seller himself referred to a previous owner in text of the ad. And that's all.

Here is how the saw looked like on arrival, the decal on the sprocket cover was partly faded but read "DOLMAR 120si" as well.

View attachment 156353

And this is the S/N plate in current state. Apparently it has suffered from cleaning.

View attachment 156354

Compared to your 116si plate it looks somewhat "hand stamped" but then again the layout, quality and number of items shown on the serial tags have that often changed during production, I wouldn't dare to draw any conclusion concerning this saw's origin.

Just learned that the teal colored Dolmar saws were not sold regularly but rather given to dealers to test customer reaction regarding the color.
Apparently it wasn't too positive otherwise we might have had teal Dolmars for years now.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just learned that the teal colored Dolmar saws were not sold regularly but rather given to dealers to test customer reaction regarding the color.
Apparently it wasn't too positive otherwise we might have had teal Dolmars for years now.

Interesting stuff it’s amazing what comes out the woodwork years later

What’s the view on the ps-550 on motorsagen-portal.de

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I wonder if they determined that teal didn't work for Makita branded saws either? I'll always associate the Makita brand and teal color with electric power tools that have nothing to do with cutting trees.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@ajschainsaws Andrew, hope I’m not bothering you, any word on the red engine cowl and red air filter cover for a 6421? Thank you.

There ordered I done quite a long list of other small parts and Iam waiting on some of those to be confirmed in the order as I wanted too keep the shipping too one consignment from Deutschland , else if it’s two deliveries the cost will start too rack up
Thanks

Habada
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There ordered I done quite a long list of other small parts and Iam waiting on some of those to be confirmed in the order as I wanted too keep the shipping too one consignment from Deutschland , else if it’s two deliveries the cost will start too rack up
Thanks
If you have multiple shipments coming to the US. You can ship here and I'll resend the parts out.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks
If you have multiple shipments coming to the US. You can ship here and I'll resend the parts out.
Thank you and thank you. I have no problem paying for any shipping, the alternative is no red tops.