heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Steve, I will see what I have in the attic and reply sometime tomorrow.

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve - can you get the duct coming my way? I have a NOS reed type muffler cover that will fit that body. I will keep looking for a baffle to go inside or take the old one apart and see if the baffle is salvageable.

I am also in need of a good fuel tank for this project. In the process of cleaning this one out I discovered the corrosion went all the way through the bottom.

20180407_163047.jpg

I also found another tank that was given to me by John Bond in Oregon but someone tried to repair a stripped thread for the carburetor with an oversize insert and the hole broke out of the boss.

20180407_163033.jpg

I cleaned up the threads and will try to install a proper insert with some epoxy but I will have to find a way to machine the hole in the bottom back to round again to insure the boot achieves a good seal.

The proper tank for this one has the hole for the boot over the adjusting needles for the carburetor.

20180405_183030.jpg

Mark

joeymt33

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve - can you get the duct coming my way? I have a NOS reed type muffler cover that will fit that body. I will keep looking for a baffle to go inside or take the old one apart and see if the baffle is salvageable.

I am also in need of a good fuel tank for this project. In the process of cleaning this one out I discovered the corrosion went all the way through the bottom.

View attachment 119654

I also found another tank that was given to me by John Bond in Oregon but someone tried to repair a stripped thread for the carburetor with an oversize insert and the hole broke out of the boss.

View attachment 119656

I cleaned up the threads and will try to install a proper insert with some epoxy but I will have to find a way to machine the hole in the bottom back to round again to insure the boot achieves a good seal.

The proper tank for this one has the hole for the boot over the adjusting needles for the carburetor.

View attachment 119657

Mark

Mark, I’ll take a look in the shop and see if I have one.

joeymt33

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 119654

View attachment 119656

View attachment 119657

Mark

Will this work for you?

e6cf0166ac6368c28a5a303b35cef9eb.jpg

e60f2efa9dcf99f5dc5bb7dab26b78d8.jpg

c712a62b2b194b16dc18b6199e0b733c.jpg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The boot isn't real easy to find for those things .An oil tight knock out closure for electrical will work but it's kind of a pain in the buttocks .I suppose in a pinch duct tape would work .One thing is for certain you don't want to leave the hole open .That thing could suck a peck sack full of sawdust through the engine which certainly is not desirable .

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joey - PM sent.

Steve - the muffler on the saw has a useable baffle so with your duct and my cover the muffler is taken care of.

Does anyone out there have a spare cylinder shroud for an SP80/81?

Mark

joeymt33

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Joey - PM sent.

Steve - the muffler on the saw has a useable baffle so with your duct and my cover the muffler is taken care of.

Does anyone out there have a spare cylinder shroud for an SP80/81?

Mark

Oh, shroud.....I’ll check the parts box before leaving in the AM.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's how I got my first Mac(s). A guy brought me three 10-10A's just like yours and said if I could get one running for him I could have the other two. One was just a parts carcass and the other two had hosed up recoils with sprung springs. Didn't know a whole lot about saws then, let alone Macs. Once I figured out which way the springs went in (after several tries doing it the wrong way) I had two good runners. Gave the nicer looking one to the guy and kept the one with the most compression. Have a dozen or so of em now...LOL.

0412181031_resized.jpg