MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

NeSurcaster

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet it will oil it well too, I check ebay pretty frequently for a 32' .063. Not too many trees around here need a 32" but it would be nice for that once a month big tree.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet it will oil it well too, I check ebay pretty frequently for a 32' .063. Not too many trees around here need a 32" but it would be nice for that once a month big tree.

Get one for an echo cs8000. Same d176 mount. That's what I did for my 850. It's .050 though.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s ur opinion on the quality JJ ?

I know I'm no JJ but the LRB piston I got for a poulan 4200 was pretty crude as far as the casting and the machining. They are made in India. Lots of sharp edges and other little things that made me wonder. It fit well and the saw ran but I sent it down the road before it really got any time on it.

If it's the only option they will work. I'd try for something else first if at all possible.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s ur opinion on the quality JJ ?
I know I'm no JJ but the LRB piston I got for a poulan 4200 was pretty crude as far as the casting and the machining. They are made in India. Lots of sharp edges and other little things that made me wonder. It fit well and the saw ran but I sent it down the road before it really got any time on it.

If it's the only option they will work. I'd try for something else first if at all possible.

That's my take on it too - I bought one for a Dolmar application for which there was nothing else - it was really rough and not the best fit in the bore. I had to do a lot of work to it to make a runner.

I used different rings (Caber), and a Meteor wrist pin and clips - Lots of sanding and filing on the piston.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's my take on it too - I bought one for a Dolmar application for which there was nothing else - it was really rough and not the best fit in the bore. I had to do a lot of work to it to make a runner.

I used different rings (Caber), and a Meteor wrist pin and clips - Lots of sanding and filing on the piston.
Sure be cool , if Wiseco made a piston for the 125’s

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought another PM55 for $109 + $15 shipping.The saw looks to be in good shape,but is missing the oil cap & the recoil doesn't retract the rope as it should.I have a spare oil cap here & the recoil issue should be an easy fix.(I hope)

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a small Stihl hardware assortment from Traverse Creek/Saw Salvage and they sent along some bonus goods. I big thanks to Chris Theirof and the staff there.

20230207_104729.jpg

A nice assortment of NOS McCulloch parts, I only needed to add one or two part numbers to the inventory but there were some items in there that were very complimentary to what I already have on hand.

For instance...85001 is the needle bearings for the PM6, 65382 is an oiler screen/pickup with a valve, 68533 is the insert for some of the 10 Series fuel caps, 61858 is the idle governor spring used on some of the MAC carburetors, 60729 is a starter pawl for the large frame RH start saws, and 104409 is a 6204 bearing.

Mark

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the PM55 today & the starter was half seized.I took it apart & the spindle wouldn't turn in the plastic shim.I shined it up with emery cloth & gave it a shot of Deep Creep & it turns freely now.I ended up poking a hole in the brittle spring shield,I guess I'll need a new one.The spring is bent so the pulley can't catch on it.I think I've got another 10 series LH starter here.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with two different size taper bores in the large frame three shoe clutches? As we were putting things away today I came across two used clutches and a whole bag of spiders with a larger taper bore. They are close to or the same as the other large frame clutches, but all of the large frame three shoe clutches I found have the smaller tapers (83539, 86464, 88819) The rotors on the IPL's are called out as 86112, the bag of those I have are all the larger bore.

Any input is appreciated.

Mark

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with two different size taper bores in the large frame three shoe clutches? As we were putting things away today I came across two used clutches and a whole bag of spiders with a larger taper bore. They are close to or the same as the other large frame clutches, but all of the large frame three shoe clutches I found have the smaller tapers (83539, 86464, 88819) The rotors on the IPL's are called out as 86112, the bag of those I have are all the larger bore.

Any input is appreciated.

Mark
Yep, I found that on 125's. The SP125 I returned to my buddy had a narrow taper and the CP I kept had the fat taper as I recall. I had to steal the shoes 'n' stuff from another clutch and re-use the original spider on the SP since none of the other clutches that were kicking around had the right taper.