The forestry and logging pictures thread

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lawrence County. Mahoning river bottom. There's Dutchies cutting blocking right down that road. I think they were just transporting cause the skid sucked.
Isn't it funny how the dutchies won't buy a car in there name but they will front the money to a "white man" and hire them as there "driver". Won't use rubber tires on anything but they will use a skidder to log. Never understood that. Have a good Amish friend that used to log and now has a saw shop. Heck he couldn't even give me an explanation for it besides " idk that's how we've always done it".

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All depends on the church and the Bishop. Mennonites are even more complicated. Steel wheels on the tractor but rubber on the implements. Once saw a Mennonite wife cutting the grass on a Zero turn.....with steel wheels!

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All depends on the church and the Bishop. Mennonites are even more complicated. Steel wheels on the tractor but rubber on the implements. Once saw a Mennonite wife cutting the grass on a Zero turn.....with steel wheels!
I cut for a Mennonite for 8 years. I know all about them.....

Majorpayne

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The electric Amish here are rubber tired and they're from Pennsylvania.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why are they peeling the bark? And the stump?

My grandpa was a "spudder" as a kid. He peeled Cedar and Pine logs for Timber-frame builders. He got $1 a log and he could peel three or four logs in ten hours. They were called spudders because the tool was a bark spud- a long handled hoe-like thing with a blade shaped like a Platypus bill.