Steam Locomotives and Such.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The work you guys do there is pretty sweet Joe. Work staying strong? No talks of lay offs or anything bad?

Thanks.

Well no it sucks pretty bad. Just 3 years ago we had around 1,100 people working there now we are below 350. Our general superintendent of pur shop just got word that our shop is not allowed to call ANY people back if when someone retires or if someone quits!

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i work at a class 1 you would be amazed how much they do not care about anything but money in their pockets. they dont care how they get or who they screw to get including all of the employees and the customers

I just noticed you're post. Which one do you work for and what do you do?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
11:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks.

Well no it sucks pretty bad. Just 3 years ago we had around 1,100 people working there now we are below 350. Our general superintendent of pur shop just got word that our shop is not allowed to call ANY people back if when someone retires or if someone quits!

That's terrible. :(

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since they started this initiative there have been four derails around Horseshoe curve.

One sat for many many months until they cut a road up to the tracks. Curious how long it will take them to pull their head out their ass.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I caught a video yesterday of all the Union Pacific locomotives parked up
In the Arizona desert approximately 3miles of them

I remember going somewhere with my parents and brothers passing a spot where hundreds of steam loco's and tenders were parked to be scrapped. I'm guessing around 1960.