Starter paws keep breaking.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smart to install 2, more than twice as strong because the torque force is now balanced on both sides.

HL Supply sells kits with the two starter pawls, washer + spring for a very reasonable amount. The center hubs are also available. I've used them several times, great to have a few extras around to replace worn or broken ones you encounter.

FYI, on both AM and used OEM, I often spray a touch of Fluid Film on the center and starter pawl pockets to get them to work more smoothly. Seems to really help.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
10:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smart to install 2, more than twice as strong because the torque force is now balanced on both sides.

HL Supply sells kits with the two starter pawls, washer + spring for a very reasonable amount. The center hubs are also available. I've used them several times, great to have a few extras around to replace worn or broken ones you encounter.

FYI, on both AM and used OEM, I often spray a touch of Fluid Film on the center and starter pawl pockets to get them to work more smoothly. Seems to really help.
Fluid film is awesome stuff in general