High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
as i have said before i dumped all of my oil containers into one jug and gave it a good shake. they are all good oils. the only oil i didnt put in there was three containers of ultra that i had left over from a job i had where the gas and oil was paid for by my employer

lineworker81

Active OPE Member
Local time
3:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Schaeffers 2-cycle outdoor power equipment oil? I always see talk about the 7000 and the 9000 but havent saw anything about this one. I do know its higher than 9000 where i buy my oil.

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Schaeffers 2-cycle outdoor power equipment oil? I always see talk about the 7000 and the 9000 but havent saw anything about this one. I do know its higher than 9000 where i buy my oil.
I have not but the specs appear to be about identical to the 9000. I know Redbull661 did a test of the 9000 and it didn‘t burn as clean as 7000.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ok so here we go....i have a 2001 silverado with the big block 8.1 it just turned 200k. my gas milage doesnt really exist but it has been lower than it once was. i figure the injectors need to be cleaned. i tried some of the brahmanlube gas conditiner i put half the bottle in. no change i have tried the lucas product in the past with no improvement and maybe even less milage. i do notice a change if if run non branded gas as opposed to say chevron. i always get better milage with chevron. I know all of the gas comes out of which ever plant is making a paticular gas at the time and the big names add their addatives at the stations. i have watched the shell or chevron and all of the othere name brand and non name brand trucks coming out of the same refinery. i went to the beach the other day its 100 miles away. i added the rest of the brahmanlube treatment and a 16oz bottle of klotz 50:1 two stoke oil then filled with chevron gas and off i went. after driving a while i said to my wife that it seems like the truck is snappier than normal. and also said its just feels that because of suggestiveness of the gas mix. when i filled with gas while at the beach i checked my mikage. it was almost 3mpg more than the last tank. i have a heavy foot and didnt change my driving at all. i just assumed that the oil which worked out to be 200:1 not much must have cleaned and sealed the rings a little bit. i filled with off brand gas at the beach. when i filled after getting home and checked my milage increased by another half a gallon per mile. could the the klotz and brahmanlube along with the techron made a difference. i dont know but my truck is running better for sure. something to ponder

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ok so here we go....i have a 2001 silverado with the big block 8.1 it just turned 200k. my gas milage doesnt really exist but it has been lower than it once was. i figure the injectors need to be cleaned. i tried some of the brahmanlube gas conditiner i put half the bottle in. no change i have tried the lucas product in the past with no improvement and maybe even less milage. i do notice a change if if run non branded gas as opposed to say chevron. i always get better milage with chevron. I know all of the gas comes out of which ever plant is making a paticular gas at the time and the big names add their addatives at the stations. i have watched the shell or chevron and all of the othere name brand and non name brand trucks coming out of the same refinery. i went to the beach the other day its 100 miles away. i added the rest of the brahmanlube treatment and a 16oz bottle of klotz 50:1 two stoke oil then filled with chevron gas and off i went. after driving a while i said to my wife that it seems like the truck is snappier than normal. and also said its just feels that because of suggestiveness of the gas mix. when i filled with gas while at the beach i checked my mikage. it was almost 3mpg more than the last tank. i have a heavy foot and didnt change my driving at all. i just assumed that the oil which worked out to be 200:1 not much must have cleaned and sealed the rings a little bit. i filled with off brand gas at the beach. when i filled after getting home and checked my milage increased by another half a gallon per mile. could the the klotz and brahmanlube along with the techron made a difference. i dont know but my truck is running better for sure. something to ponder

I always dump old 2 stroke fuel in my gas tractor. Figger it gives the valve seats some much needed lubrication if nothing else.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have run a bunch of equipment at 50:1 because that is what was recomended until i took the first one apart and i saw how dry it was inside. I switched to 40:1 after that now i just run it all at 32:1 its easier to just have one mix fuel can all the same.

Same story here. I tore my 30 year old chainsaw down and it was bone dry and caked with carbon. I started doing research and started using saber at 40:1. Now thanks to all these oil testing threads I'm using 32:1 Dominator in everything.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know for a fact they don't.

with a chain that actually cuts and an air filter that can breathe.
I agree. Thinking back to the 1980's putting 50:1 in everything, chainsaw, lawnmower, ice auger, chainsaw, weed wacker, dirt bikes and snowmobiles.
The only thing I can add to that from my experience, is it did not have any extra to cover when a fugg up came along either, was fine if everything was operating normally. Throw a Gremlin at it and kerplewey.
I've been running 40:1 for a long time now without further issues and will continue so just for that reason, its got it covered.

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love my 8.1's. I had an a little part throttle hiccup in mine the last couple hundred miles. Decided to start with the fuel filter even though it only had 12k. miles on it, problem solved. Guess I'll be changing the filter every few oil changes from here on out.

5w40 mobil 1 wix 7099 filter since this is an oil thread😆

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love my 8.1's. I had an a little part throttle hiccup in mine the last couple hundred miles. Decided to start with the fuel filter even though it only had 12k. miles on it, problem solved. Guess I'll be changing the filter every few oil changes from here on out.

5w40 mobil 1 wix 7099 filter since this is an oil thread😆
It's more about the amount of fuel that passes through the fuel filter, but it's nice to hear that we're not the only ones with bad fuel,😉🤠

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i change my fuel filter once a year usually. gas is one of the most filtered and refined liquids on earth. i would venture to say that fuel is cleaner than most water

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its time to change it again. i will cut it open and see how much gunk is in there