I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
7:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta be many more 460s out there for you. Why ruin a good thing Lol
Honestly bud, I'd like to get to a point where I can buy 2 new felling saws every 2 years and move to more modern saws. Stihl or husky. Problem in my area is Stihl dealers are dying and none of them stock parts. I want to be able to buy parts the day the saw goes down, repair it that night and have them back in the cut zone the next day. I honestly would like a pair of 461's. Maybe the spring will be good to me and I can do that.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got all those other 460s for parts. Lol
I hear you. Gotta run what's best for you.
I have about 6 to 8 Stihl dealers around me. Guess I am lucky. IF, you like STIHL saws.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only Stihl dealer in my town is the John Deere (agpro), dealership. They know nothing about saws and everything is marked way the hell up.
When I told my stihl dealer I could get a ported power head delivered to my door for less than a stock one at his price he didn't want to talk anymore lol

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything here is husky and echo. I have absolutely nothing against those beands, but miss the old days before the big corporate names knocked out all the little mom and pop Stihl dealers.
When I asked the tech at our biggest shop how many 661's he's seen in the shop his reply was this, and I quote "uhh none. We don't sell hardly any stihl. We sell 20 husky models to 1 stihl. We sell more echo than we do stihl" I walked away confused. Stihl is a good product, there's no doubt about it. But it got me thinking.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the distributor's are the ones killing us
I was told by the same dealer that he couldn't really budge on price because it was set, or there was something else going on. There are 20% discounts on husky saws for fleet accounts. November 15th to December 15th I could get 562'a for 500 each if I bought 2 or more.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep at it, my dad always says hard times build character and test your dedication
Trying sir. I've been good at 3 things in my life. Cooking, mechanic, and falling timber. I enjoy the one that makes the least amount of money ironically