Saw maker websites

drumbum

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When did Husqvarna change the displacement ratings on their site? Only CI and no CC.

"Hey buddy, is your 15.25 CI dirt bike two stroke or four?".....lol

Stihl has the saws listed by "review" as default,......with the option to sort price high to low or vice versa.

I figured they would have changed to sort by "blade length" to go along with their new bar graphics......

clown world just keeps on getting better by the day,.....pride saw anyone?

Last edited:

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When did Husqvarna change the displacement ratings on their site? Only CI and no CC.

"Hey buddy, is your 15.25 CI dirt bike two stroke or four?".....lol

Stihl has the saws listed by "review" as default,......with the option to sort price high to low or vice versa.

I figured they would have changed to sort by "guide bar length" to go along with their new bar graphics......

clown world just keeps on getting better by the day,.....pride saw anyone?
I’d take a rainbow on the bar over what Stihl is doing right now. It’s like the cover art for a K-Pop album.

When I couldn’t find the bore and stroke specs on manufacturers websites I knew it had gone to the dogs. It’s all just marketing now.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As you probably know, older Stihls got their designation from CI. An 036 is, you guessed it, 3.6 cubic inches. They did stray from it with many models, but the CI size was the basis at one point for model designation.

All marketing. Maybe Husky is trying to steal Stihl’s thunder. Stihl is still the manufacturer with superior R&D and ergonomics.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not know that!
It’s not 100%. I shoulda said, the 034 is 3.4ci. I’m not sure if the larger model of a series followed the same rule, but that was the basis of the nomenclature.

They made larger saws of the same model designation also, as we all know. Super, magnum, etc…

Stihl used even numbers to denote pro-series saws and odd numbers for the home owner saws. As time went by, it all went awry, but they are generally close to the original rule.