High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Really wanting to mod the Bota.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Really want to do a mod on the Bota bad. Those of you with a compact tractor (Kubota any way) know how hard it is to back up to 3 pt. equipment and get it hooked up quickly is.
I've already added a quick hitch to aid in that but it is still some times hard to get both sides even.

I had decided a back up or rear view camera would be a great aid in that endeavor. Since the Bota isn't alway used in ther best of weather (winter) and I do at times get caught in the rain to a wire less camera would be the way to go, i'm thinking.

Mostly it would be the motior screen I would unplug from power and remove to a dry place during those times.

Any one with a aftermarket back up camera I would like to hear your pros and cons on them. Since auto company factory camera don't relate don't waste your time telling me about them.

:D Al

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You must be lucky and have a cab with a/c and heat. None of our tractors do, all open station with just a top.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
9:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont see any advantage to a backup camera. Do you have telescoping lower arms? They make hooking up a 3 point implement almost as easy as a clevis pin on a wagon. Thats where you should put your money. Worth every penny!

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a standard Compact tractor 3 pt hitch so gawd awful for hooking up equipment it was best to take a lunch when doing so.

I put a Quick Hitch on it to help and it does a lot but is still hard to see to line up the pins to the J but a back up camera should help a lot.

jFimrHP.jpg

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 2650 which comes with the upgraded 3 point arms.

I never have issues hooking up. I keep all my attachments on pallets and use CMU’s if needed to keep things level.

Everything from chippers/stump grinder/rakes/backhoe etc. easy as pie to connect to. 10min max and that’s with jumping in and out of a cab tractor.

The upgraded 3piont arms really make life easy. I have a set of pats that I haven’t even needed to connect yet.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our big tractor is a John Deere 3020 and the arms pull out to help hookup. Hooking up is a lot easier than our Whites which has standard lift arms. Never thought of needed a camera, you can easily see behind ya.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Ford 5000 with those moveable hitch arms. also has chains so the arms move side to side till you hook up a sway bar.

But the Bota compact tractor is hard to see behind you to get lined up and you have to mess with the dam turn buckles to moev ther arms in board or out board then readjust them once hooked up so the quick hitch solves that problem.

Any way I got lucky and found a 50 page discussion on the subject and I found I can go wire less with a water proof Monitor for less than $150.00

Guys even use them with back up snow blowers to save their necks.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
"first time bush hogging will bust it lol"

First hand experince or just your thinking?
I don't under stand why brushing hogging would bust it and 5 years of snow blowing hasn't, at as low as 5 below zero.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dang is it even safe for you on the tractor if the brush hog is chucking rocks at 100MPH?

I think not and you either should raise the brush hog out of cutting root zone or put a better rock sheild on it.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang is it even safe for you on the tractor if the brush hog is chucking rocks at 100MPH?

I think not and you either should raise the brush hog out of cutting root zone or put a better rock sheild on it.

Sounds like you have never used a brush hog?

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use a brush hog a lot but don't use it to throw rocks. Normally pick them in a bucket on a tractor. Open station tractor be afraid of a rock to the back of the head.
I planed on mounting the camera on the ROPS cross bar.

Always mow around rock piles and if I want it cleared off use a string trimmer.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a brush hog a lot but don't use it to throw rocks. Normally pick them in a bucket on a tractor. Open station tractor be afraid of a rock to the back of the head.
I planed on mounting the camera on the ROPS cross bar.
?

Always mow around rock piles and if I want it cleared off use a string trimmer.

Cab glass wont stop a rock to the head. Maybe slow it a tad and then you have glass to clean up and replace too.

I just have never had an issue seeing behind to hook up a 3 point implement. Cab or open station. I imagine most the implements you use on a tractor that size are pretty light?