Quick question about Genuine OEM Stihl 028 air filters

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am under the assumption that any Genuine Stihl air filter for the 028 chainsaw will have Stihl part numbers and/or Logo embossed on most, if not all plastic parts, correct? All of the original used ones I have seen did anyway. The reason I am asking is I just bought a "Genuine OEM" filter from a seller on eBay, and there is no part number or logo anywhere at all on it. I opened it up and there were none on the inside either. All of the old ones I have had seemed to have a number on each individual (plastic) part of the filter. I paid enough for this to be Genuine, not a $5-15 copy. I just want to verify my suspicion that this is a knockoff before contacting the seller/eBay about it. Thanks in advance.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't seen a Stihl part without some kind of marking, part number, logo or combination thereof, ever.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every stihl part I've messed with has a stihl number or atleast the stihl s.

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is what I was thinking. I have initiated the return process. Thanks for the verification of my initial understanding.

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the flocking grey or a red/brown color?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tecomec made filters for the 028/038 back in the mid 90's that look OEM but are not. The plastic shell is dark brown in color and the flocking is a light grey,
similar to the flocking on Stihl filters from that era. The Tecomec filters have no logo or part numbers on them, but it's pretty hard otherwise to tell them from
an OEM filter.