Speechless! ( wow! ) Hmmm, I hungry!!

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a Black Forest Cake i made today.
Found my Dads recipe again this summer and have been fine tuning my attempts to copy his work.It is made without any baking powder or soda so getting the timing just right is crucial.The first ones were baked in a no stick pan,then switched to a regular pan which solved a problem i had with the bottom of the cake being too dense.
When he made it people would drive from miles around to get a piece of it.001.JPG
We ate to much tonight to tie into it,so tomorrow i will share it with a few single ladies i know and some others i work with.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a Black Forest Cake i made today.
Found my Dads recipe again this summer and have been fine tuning my attempts to copy his work.It is made without any baking powder or soda so getting the timing just right is crucial.The first ones were baked in a no stick pan,then switched to a regular pan which solved a problem i had with the bottom of the cake being too dense.
When he made it people would drive from miles around to get a piece of it.View attachment 157194
We ate to much tonight to tie into it,so tomorrow i will share it wit

If you have trouble with the cake sticking to the pan, cut a piece of waxed paper to fit in the bottom of the pan after you grease and flour it and it will come out easier. Then just peel off the paper when you invert the pan.