Pipers sound off if you’re present

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely way into pipes. Just more into cigars. Ohhhh another must try. Or I’ve changed my mind on my favorite. Forgot I had it

image.jpgStupid dumb good stuff there. Get ya a tin woodpecker.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
B6401383-CA4F-4A14-B950-FE494BEF6639.jpegThere’s a couple more cobs and grabow briars around here. My favorites are the cobs though. Do have a nice small grabow that was gramps that’s nice for a quickie (short fast smoke). That one cob has a g on the bottom meaning it’s gramps pipe. I use it most of the time.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
@jakethesnake that savinelli alligator is fire! It’s cool you have a couple pipes from your gramps. Sentimental value there makes them priceless.

I’ll have to check out the warped Kings stride and the country squire cigar. I have really liked everything I’ve tried from the squire. I’m a G&H fan but haven’t tried the Ennerdale yet either.

I’ve got a half dozen cobs kicking around the shop and work truck. Typically only smoke one maybe two bowls a day though. Sometimes none depending on if I’m in the mood or not.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't smoke, but I don't hate folks who do.
Does the bowl material add to the experience via aesthetics or provide a different type of burn? Surely the bowl is not sacrificial at all?
Cobs are kinda sacrificial but they last long. More I don’t take super good care of them. The shape of the hole you put the tobacco in matters some. Like a fatter one will sorta kinda smoke different than a narrow cob.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@jakethesnake that savinelli alligator is fire! It’s cool you have a couple pipes from your gramps. Sentimental value there makes them priceless.

I’ll have to check out the warped Kings stride and the country squire cigar. I have really liked everything I’ve tried from the squire. I’m a G&H fan but haven’t tried the Ennerdale yet either.

I’ve got a half dozen cobs kicking around the shop and work truck. Typically only smoke one maybe two bowls a day though. Sometimes none depending on if I’m in the mood or not.
The savinelli is pretty in the sun.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't smoke, but I don't hate folks who do.
Does the bowl material add to the experience via aesthetics or provide a different type of burn? Surely the bowl is not sacrificial at all?
Cobs are kinda cool as they don’t “ghost”. Like if you smoke a “spicy” tobacco in a wood/briar you may taste that flavor on the pipe in the next blend

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
15 years ago I used a corn cob to help stop cigs. Still use the cob.
No romance for me, dirty, human parasite. $$ Savings over cigs is big.

There is a shop near the big city that has cpl hundred flavors. When there I get a different every time. You guys would love the place.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

There is a shop near the big city that has cpl hundred flavors. When there I get a different every time. You guys would love the place.
Smart move. Unlike cigarette smokers pipe smokers live on average as long as non smokers.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took advantage of a break in the rain and decided to do some grilling. Enjoying a bowl of Hunting Creek in one of my Missouri Meerschaum cobs. It’s an English aromatic crossover blend that’s woody, smoky, earthy, and nutty with a little bit of baked goods sweetness.
View attachment 375841
@41FanForLife to circle back to your question about the economy of pipe smoking vs. cigars. This bowl will smoke for over an hour at under a buck, and tastes as good as some of the finest cigars I’ve smoked.
Country gentleman has a rather large bowl, so does tend to smoke longer.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cobs are kinda cool as they don’t “ghost”. Like if you smoke a “spicy” tobacco in a wood/briar you may taste that flavor on the pipe in the next blend
The two worst ghosting tobaccos for me are anything cherry or Latakia.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I generally order most of my stuff from Pipes and Cigars out of Bethlehem, PA, not sure if they have a store front.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man school me
Not much to explain. They are basically acrylic replacements for the plastic stems that come standard on the cob pipes. Just a cool functional way to customize your cob. Good investment too as you’ll likely wear out several cobs on one stem. One thing to note if you use a filter on say a country gentleman or other filter cob pipe, these stems won’t accommodate them.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much to explain. They are basically acrylic replacements for the plastic stems that come standard on the cob pipes. Just a cool functional way to customize your cob. Good investment too as you’ll likely wear out several cobs on one stem. One thing to note if you use a filter on say a country gentleman or other filter cob pipe, these stems won’t accommodate them.
Funny thing you brought these up!
I put one of their stems on a country gentleman from new several years ago and never cared for the way it smoked, about 2-3 days ago I put the OEM filtered stem minus filter back on and now it is one of my favorites.:eek:
I am more of a puffer rather than a sipper so maybe that is part of it and just down to personnel preferences. :hsughwiggle::nusenuse:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny thing you brought these up!
I put one of their stems on a country gentleman from new several years ago and never cared for the way it smoked, about 2-3 days ago I put the OEM filtered stem minus filter back on and now it is one of my favorites.:eek:
I am more of a puffer rather than a sipper so maybe that is part of it and just down to personnel preferences. :hsughwiggle::nusenuse:
Might have got a bad one or it could just be a personal preference thing. The country gentleman is one of my favorites either way.IMG_2905.jpeg

Nothing like a good pipe on a nice day after a hard day of climbing and dragging brush. Kings stride from warped is excellent thanks for the rec @jakethesnake !