Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I work part time at Rural King. By all accounts the RK tractors are good, competent with anything in their price range. Only thing that gives me pause is that they are a house brand and I wonder if RK will always be in the tractor business. Also, I have to wonder about the availability of service for heavy warranty jobs. My store has one service tech who does ALL the repair stuff, from two stroke handhelds to the biggest tractors. He is fixing to retire, has already cut his hours way down, and there is no indication that they are trying to replace him. A top shelf tractor and implement mechanic isn't going to work for retail pay, that's just not happening. Nor does my store offer any kind of off site service, I have no idea how they would handle a warranty repair on a big tractor that is stuck and immobile out in the boonies. Based on those factors alone I can't bring myself to recommend an RK brand tractor even though I work there and do like the company overall.
I have to agree with you about buying a rural king tractor. They already failed at the tractor game once before. Who knows how long they will keep at it this time. Could be a long time or they could pull the plug tomorrow. And the service question is a big deal too. I know it’s basically a rebranded TYM and you should technically be able to get parts through a TYM dealer, but…🤷🏼‍♂️ That doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling on an expensive piece of equipment. I have also heard that by all accounts they are pretty good quality tractors, but for me I don’t think I’d be willing to pull the trigger on a RK tractor either. The Kioti’s have my full attention though.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I told them that I would be happy to be a part time service tech. Thing is though, I'm at the gun counter and they can't get anybody else to work that job due to all the regs and pain in the arse company rules you have to follow so I'm probably stuck there as long as I work at RK.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really enjoy the two friends line up. English chocolate and redwood are both fantastic but really all the blends are good in their own way. Anywho here’s a great read about the history behind the blends:

https://www.smokingpipes.com
That was a cool read. Thanks for sharing, man. 👍🏻

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was a cool read. Thanks for sharing, man. 👍🏻
No problem! Tobacco pipes is running a sale on two friends tins. Cigars too. I just picked up a tin of the Homeward bound to try. It sounded interesting. I also picked up a few sticks of the Seattle pipe club plum pudding cigars to try. I’m looking forward to both.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No problem! Tobacco pipes is running a sale on two friends tins. Cigars too. I just picked up a tin of the Homeward bound to try. It sounded interesting. I also picked up a few sticks of the Seattle pipe club plum pudding cigars to try. I’m looking forward to both.
I'll check out the sale. 👍🏻 Thanks again!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet cob!
Thankya Sir! It's the Missouri Meerschaum BWC #10, if I remember right. They don't sell it anymore, but I sure enjoy it. It and the Emerald Corn Cob Pipe, are my aromatic designated pipes now. I save the Viking 118 for non aromatic, and the cheap Amazon one, I got in the kit you recommended, resides in the garage.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having some two friends homeward bound on my cobbit this evening. Dry and ready to smoke right out of the tin. It’s fairly burly forward. Very little chance of tongue bite. Spicy, nutty and boozy with some hints of dark fruit sweetness and coffee like bitterness. It reminds me a little bit of a codger blend my grandpa used to smoke. Good stuff!IMG_4055.jpegIMG_4056.jpeg

P.s. if you’re lazy like me pipe tobacco will keep quite a long time in the tin with a little tin foil over the top like that.