Parts chainsaws?

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
11:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So when do you consider a saw to be just for parts?
My problem is i need a few fasteners for one of my saws i am working on. I have a 020t that needs a top end wich i have a knock off one for it. It stihl needs a crank shaft and few smalls to start reassembling. I already stole the anti vibe for my other ms200t. It will need a recoil and clutch cover as well if i did re build it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My problem is i need a few fasteners for one of my saws i am working on. I have a 020t that needs a top end wich i have a knock off one for it. It stihl needs a crank shaft and few smalls to start reassembling. I already stole the anti vibe for my other ms200t. It will need a recoil and clutch cover as well if i did re build it.

Excepting the fuel and oil caps, I don’t see squat between an 020t and a 200t.

A 200t is always worth rebuilding even with China parts and, there is a wealth of that available.

Them go for $450 and above for dog eared runners on evilbay.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
020t has a different case shape at the transfer lowers and and the jug has no dividers in the transfers. You can put a 200t jug on a 020t case but a significant amount of the transfer is obstructed. Not loads of other differences besides what was mentioned above.

My experience with AM parts for 200t has been hit or miss. I’ve had good FT jugs and bad. Love the Hyway popup piston. Lots of issues with screws, AV mounts etc. The tanks all leak. Side handles are skewed, carbs don’t work. I had a clutch cover that was too tight for the drum and wasn’t fixable. Enough BS that I avoid selling a saw that has significant AM parts on it. My personal 200t is built on an FT case and crank, but I wouldn’t sell one.

I would toss it in the parts pile and wait for a few more dead 200t. They seem to show up pretty often.

LoneOak

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

When it gets smashed by a tree!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Before they came out with after market cylinders and pistons a donor 020 or 200T sold cheap on flea bay .I think I had 50 bucks in one I bought just for the cases . I haven't checked lately what a donor is going for .

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well I came close to making a parts saw! Replaced flywheel, plastics, clutch/starter covers, and handle with parts from Farmertec 440 kit. You guys that know your saws must pick up some expensive saws for next to nothing by knowing what to look for on a saw that is smashed up. My saw looks better than in years and runs like it always has and is out cutting wood...thanks to tips from guys on this forum. Now I have a Farmertec engine and carb to play with. I love the Farmertec see through gas tank...nice to glance and easily see if gas is getting down to refill level. Stretched the intake boot about 6" or more haha so all the lines got replaced OEM. Farmertec and this forum bailed me out for like $230 or so. Thanks.