RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again

I wanted to ask you another question, I have the covers of my Stihl 084 very discolored, they have lost their color and they are ugly, do you know what paint they use or what paint I can give it to recover the original color? I bought a yellow thinking that the original color was some kind of yellow but it looks horrible, does anyone know what kind of paint I can use? If it's a spray better than I don't have a paint gun.

Thank you.

A greeting from Spain.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
9:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Myself, I either dye them black or hydro dip them with a pattern that is liked, hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in with their paint knowledge.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you dye the covers of the machines black? And how are they? Do you have any photos of the Stihl 084 with the covers in black?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you dye the covers of the machines black? And how are they? Do you have any photos of the Stihl 084 with the covers in black?
Yes, dyed with Rit dye. I do not have any pics with a dyed 084 someone else may around here.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the covers in question are plastic rather than metal, there was a recent thread about recovering stihl plastics with hydrogen peroxide hair product I think it was.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
7:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the covers in question are plastic rather than metal, there was a recent thread about recovering stihl plastics with hydrogen peroxide hair product I think it was.
I think that was just for making yellowed plastics white again and not for restoring the color of plastics.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again

I wanted to ask you another question, I have the covers of my Stihl 084 very discolored, they have lost their color and they are ugly, do you know what paint they use or what paint I can give it to recover the original color? I bought a yellow thinking that the original color was some kind of yellow but it looks horrible, does anyone know what kind of paint I can use? If it's a spray better than I don't have a paint gun.

Thank you.

A greeting from Spain.
If metal then paint right from Stihl would do the trick. Stihl Orange Spray Paint

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great, but the problem is that this product is in the United States, I am from Spain and the seller does not ship to Spain, do you know if this product is also sold in Europe or in Spain? in the Stihl SAT they will have it? Tomorrow Monday here in Spain I will ask to see if there is any luck and they can get it for me.

Thanks from Spain.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great, but the problem is that this product is in the United States, I am from Spain and the seller does not ship to Spain, do you know if this product is also sold in Europe or in Spain? in the Stihl SAT they will have it? Tomorrow Monday here in Spain I will ask to see if there is any luck and they can get it for me.

Thanks from Spain.
Take the Stihl part number and try searching in your area, or go to your Stihl dealer. The link I provided was just to show what is available.

RomuloTDI

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello,

Yes, this morning I sent a WhatsApp to my Stihl dealer here in the city where I live to see if they have that paint can and see if they can get it for me, these days they will tell me something.

Thank you.

A greeting from Spain

K Mueller

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look at this tread for restoring your faded covers. Paint will wear eventually and will look worse in my opinion.

MSaw

Active OPE Member
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with the last statement. You'd need plastic primer first and once sprayed they never look right. You're basically hiding the problem when the plastics can be polished up without too much hassle.