Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nate @fordf150 still has some listed on his old web page:
https://performance-outdoor-equipme...s/oregon-versacut-20-3-8-050-72dl-200vxlhd009
https://performance-outdoor-equipme...s/oregon-versacut-24-3-8-050-84dl-240vxlhd009

These are listed under D009 mount, there may be more I just didn't bother looking.

EDIT:
VersaCut search tag:
https://performance-outdoor-equipment.myshopify.com/collections/bars/versacut

That is what I suspected when I purchased a Dolmar branded Oregon laminate bar in D009 mount and it was bent like an S-curve.
The replacement I kindly received free of charge is marginally better but still less straight than my eldest D009 bar in usage which is counting 12 years and going strong.
I guess I better take care and hold on to my old bars!

The "Designed in whereever" doesn't mean poop if the product is manufactured cheaply without attention to detail.

Yeah I'll just pay a few bucks more and get the Tsumura from Nate.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, I'll be sure to avoid them. I really hope Echo bars are still first world, all mine are. As far as I know Oregon chains are still USA or Canada, all I've bought in the last few years have been. Where can I go to look up Sugihara and Tsumura bars?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! I also found an application chart for Sugihara on their Japan English language website. The model numbers havent been updated in a long time but they do have some options.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! I also found an application chart for Sugihara on their Japan English language website. The model numbers havent been updated in a long time but they do have some options.

Call Nate at performance outdoors and he will hook you up. I just got these from him.
20180811_163030.jpg
Those are all small mount bar bars and the two jred bars are the narrow kerf ones that are nice for limbing.

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Call Nate at performance outdoors and he will hook you up. I just got these from him.
View attachment 137341
Those are all small mount bar bars and the two jred bars are the narrow kerf ones that are nice for limbing.

Are the J-red ones 55dl 3/8 lo pro ? I got one of those last year...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I do have a new Chicom Oregon Prolite on my 500P. Seems like a decent cheap bar, especially for my decidedly amateur use, but I ain't buying any more of 'em. All my other saws have OE bars with plenty of life left. Speaking of cheap bars, the OEM Oregon USA bar on my Poulan 2150 has held up extremely well. I've cut some pretty big stuff with it and, as we know, these cheapo saws are stingy with oil. It's on probably the fourth chain and still doing just fine, even has most of the paint left.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a forester platinum bar 24" d009 .375 .050 and am very pleased with it. It states 58 rockewll rails. I checked 60 is what i found. Wears very very minimal and very rigid. Weight is similar to other solid bars. It quotes similar to other Japanese bars i don't know how to spell. I loved gb bars. But they got too expensive so i tried the forester green, red, professional and now platinum. Green was junk red was ok similar to reg oregon, professional was pretty good with replaceable tip and platinum it just awesome. I paid 45 shipped for a 24". The bar and a loop of there full chisle chain i thought was a dang good deal.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where is this Forester bar made? I know their cheap ones are Chicom.

Some good news for Oregon. I ordered a loop of 91PXL for my little Echo CS-3000 and it came in yesterday. New style packaging and made in the USA so I'll keep buying them.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a forester platinum bar 24" d009 .375 .050 and am very pleased with it. It states 58 rockewll rails. I checked 60 is what i found. Wears very very minimal and very rigid. Weight is similar to other solid bars. It quotes similar to other Japanese bars i don't know how to spell. I loved gb bars. But they got too expensive so i tried the forester green, red, professional and now platinum. Green was junk red was ok similar to reg oregon, professional was pretty good with replaceable tip and platinum it just awesome. I paid 45 shipped for a 24". The bar and a loop of there full chisle chain i thought was a dang good deal.
Where did you get the Forester Platinum from? That sounds like a good deal!

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forester.com they had a sale one day round black friday. I have to look at where its made..... But dont really care at the price and quality i cant complain. Ive wore out 1 chain and half way thru the next with no need to dress the rails yet. Ive never had a sugi or tusmerna (sp) total or other high end bars but this is better then the gb titanium oregon pro or prolite ive been using. The forester processional isnt bad either but the rails are nowhere near as hard as these. The pro bars oregon and forestee ive had were in the mid to high 40s for rockwell. Hell orrgon chain drivers are mid 50s. Id rather my drivers wear before my bars do. Id recommend a platinum bar to anyone at this point. Especially for the price and durability.

David _4

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have an 18" .325 0.50 Versacut bar on my Dolmar 5105, which is a backup to my 346xp and used for small jobs and limbing. The bar looks really nice new, but has one of the worst wearing paint jobs I have ever seen. The paint started chipping the first time I cut wood with it. In my opinion, the bar is of entry level quality, but worth the $37 I paid for it. I do have a 20" Tsumura lightweight and a 24" Total lightweight for my 6421/7910. Tsumura bars are second to none in quality, fit and finish.

Last edited: