High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

OK all you Stihl-Heads, 056 parts availability??

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I'm not mistaken the SEM solid state coil is the same as used on the 2100 Husky .They aren't cheap .Why in the world they ever stuck a danged coil under the flywheel makes no sense to me .They weren't the only ones to do it ,outboard boat motors some lawn mower engines .Fact I think that old boat anchor Mall chainsaw I have is the same way .--it doesn't have any spark either .

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW, the SEM ignition used on the 1115's is also found on the 08S and TS350 chop saws. Not uncommon to see the latter for sale cheap as a parts source due to ingestion damage of one type or another. Most folks don't realize the value of the ignition parts.

Everything 045 fits unless you're swapping cylinders.

The only top end that won't directly interchange is the Mag II.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the ignition has failed then the Chinese copies work well. They're still spendy at around 90 bucks, so know the brand you're replacing... I believe that's Bosch or SEM, I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I installed one for a customer several months ago who has good feedback.

@Chainsaw Jim So where can I get one of these Chinese coils?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, so my friend just asked me if I would be interested in buying this 056. I haven't seen it, but I told him I'm interested

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What part number did you cross ref? I've been searching all morning and coming up empty on any Chinese coils for these saws.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I searched "Stihl 056 coil" and most everything comes up. There weren't as many Chinese coils on the results as I saw before.
I'd choose Sägenspezi over the China copy anyways.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK, I haven't seen this 056 yet. But I'm looking at it on Acres and like other Stihl models I see the progression of the model suffixes and that they coincide with displacement increases. But I'd like to know what other suffixes indicate. We have AV, AVSE, AVSEQ, Magnum AVE, and Magnum AVEQ. I get that Magnum seems to usher in the 93cc version, and AV means "antivibe" (I think), but what about SE, SEQ, AVE, and AVEQ?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see. Thanks Jim :)

So in this case, the jump from 81 to 87cc displacement is reflected by the "S" (Super) suffix and Mag reflects the jump to 93cc?
I guess when this thing lands on my bench, I'll be seeking some guidance as to how I discern which model it is

skip sail

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
FWIW, the SEM ignition used on the 1115's is also found on the 08S and TS350 chop saws. Not uncommon to see the latter for sale cheap as a parts source due to ingestion damage of one type or another. Most folks don't realize the value of the ignition parts.

The only top end that won't directly interchange is the Mag II.
i had heard that about the 08s ignitions,didnt know if it was true or not,so didnt want to comment,great if thats the case!

skip sail

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i recently picked up an 056 magnum 11 and ran it against some more modern saws with Vince Westphal.
Quite surprised at how good it was,gave anthing in the 90-100cc class a run for its money in the cutting stakes,and was a great saw to use.
Down in tasmania,a lot of the pulpwood and firewood cutters retired their 056's when the 066 came out,and regretted it,or so i'm told.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like a stout old big-dawg Creamsicle as I dig around trying to learn more about it.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back up a few posts and hit the link I posted. Some real good old school 1115 IPL's and tech notes from hard copy that DDave loaned me a few years back to digitize and convert to pdf. I also have a ton of the same for the 1111 series (050, 051, 075, 076). Not the kind of info you'll find in a copy of MediaCAT or the modern IPL's. Most of that old hard copy stuff is like gold when you can find it intact.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just downloaded them, thanks! Lot of info there! Am I seeing this correct?? Gear driven clutch?

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be the oil pump. The clutch is threaded onto the crank on the 056 and held on by a nut on the early 045.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got a quick look at the 056 a few minutes ago. I can make out the faint remnants of "Magnum" in orange letters on the badge. Can't tell if "II" is present or not. It is also marked as "Electronic" and "Quickstop" on the filter cover. So, it's the 93cc version. :)

She definitely looks like a saw that was used a fair bit and has spent a long time sitting un-used but the engine is free and seems to have good compression by the feel of it.

They haven't figured out what they are going to ask for it yet, but as long as it's reasonable I'm going after it.

Didn't have time to take pics...

One last thing, I know it's hard to place a value on a saw without pics. But given my description, anybody have a ballpark at what would be considered a fair price? As I said before, I was told it had been sitting for about 10 years but ran without issue when it was last used. It's not pretty, but seems to be complete with what I would guess to be a 32" bar and chain