Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There doing blood work now.
But she said that most likely it's epilepsy.

Vet said if that's what it is. We just need to keep an eye on him. If they start happening more than once a month.
Then we can go the med route.

She said the next one could be tomorrow or next year.
how old is he/she?

I would recommend you to write down precise date and how long a seizure last if it is epilipsy he has.

I've had one who started to get seizure in age 5 3/4, we used meds after awhile, that part is very tricky, to find the correct balance/dose meds.
We changed slightly on meds when he got seizure each 21 days, 2AM +/-5 min
The good news with this story is, when we hit the correct med dose his seizure was short and they came with longer time between them, eventually he grew it off, my vet think it came from a tick bite, that was when he heard Nils had quit having seizure.
We took him off the meds when he was 11 years old and he had no more seizure until he reached 15 year old, he eventually reached the age 16 year 11 month old who is extremely high age for a dachs hund dog.

Please update me how this are going Brian, and shoot me one msg if you have any questions

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
how old is he/she?

I would recommend you to write down precise date and how long a seizure last if it is epilipsy he has.

I've had one who started to get seizure in age 5 3/4, we used meds after awhile, that part is very tricky, to find the correct balance/dose meds.
We changed slightly on meds when he got seizure each 3 weeks, they where precise also, +/-5 min 21 days between them.
The good news with this story is, when we hit the correct med dose his seizure was short and they came with longer time between them, eventually he grew it off, my vet think it came from a tick bite, that was when he heard Nils had quit having seizure.
We took him off the meds when he was 11 years old and he had no more seizure until he reached 15 year old, he eventually reached the age 16 year 11 month old who is extremely high age for a dachs hund dog.

Please update me how this are going Brian, and shoot me one msg if you have any questions
He'll be 7 on Christmas day.
What you said is exactly what the Vet told us to do. This was his first one that we know of, so from now on were going to keep a log.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
85828033.jpg

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
9:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He'll be 7 on Christmas day.
What you said is exactly what the Vet told us to do. This was his first one that we know of, so from now on were going to keep a log.
7 is to old to be genetic based epilipsy, at least thats what I've read.
Your vet has defently explained the most important stuff so your dog will get a good following up if needed.

Lets hope it was the first and last time he had a seizure.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not too bad, I’m not the member of the family that wanted this mutt and I have been very careful not to leave my stuff where she can get it. She got in to Tamara’s bag and yanked out a pair of gloves and ate a hole one in moments...
cover everything in hot sauce

Yay, another day at DMV
Come register your junk in Kansas. All we care about is that it's not stolen and the windshield is crack free.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well...my paid govt day off today for a Day of Remembrance for 41, turned into finishing up good ol’ yard work. Glad to see what’s been accomplished sitting in a pile out at the road about 20’ long and stacked about 4-5’ high.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well...my paid govt day off today for a Day of Remembrance for 41, turned into finishing up good ol’ yard work. Glad to see what’s been accomplished sitting in a pile out at the road about 20’ long and stacked about 4-5’ high.
Chicken bones?

Status
Not open for further replies.