Not open for further replies.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well our family has one less member today. Kalla will be greatly missed but her regular vet diagnosed her episodes are heart failure not stroke or epilepsy.

Tamara made the difficult choice to euthanize her and end any suffering she was experiencing.

To say this day sucks would be an understatement.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well our family has one less member today. Kalla will be greatly missed but her regular vet diagnosed her episodes are heart failure not stroke or epilepsy.

Tamara made the difficult choice to euthanize her and end any suffering she was experiencing.

Sorry to hear this Gary. I'm sure Kalla will be greatly missed by everyone.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear this Gary. I'm sure Kalla will be greatly missed by everyone.

The hardest part will be telling Elliott. He and I are at his Martial Arts class and he doesn't know yet. He hasn't experienced a death in the family before. I think he understands death as well as a 4 yr old can as he knows my dad is gone but will be the first person he loved to die.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The hardest part will be telling Elliott. He and I are at his Martial Arts class and he doesn't know yet. He hasn't experienced a death in the family before. I think he understands death as well as a 4 yr old can as he knows my dad is gone but will be the first person he loved to die.
I've been in your situation before. We put down our first dog when my daughter was only 3. It sucked to say the least but I think she handled it better then we did. Kids are tougher then we think sometimes

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your dog Gary, they sure do get an attachment with us.
You are probably not going to like to hear this just yet, but just think it over a bit is all. The best way for a family to get over loosing a dog is a new puppy.
Just like women. Easiest way to get over one is to get under one

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are probably not going to like to hear this just yet, but just think it over a bit is all. The best way for a family to get over loosing a dog is a new puppy.
Or go with the two dog plan. I've have had good luck at the local shelter with dogs already house trained and stuff.

expert of nothing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Gary, I seen this coming. Remember what I told you last night? Same symptoms mine had, very, very, sorry to hear. Sad day for sure buddy. This makes me sad as hell, cause I know how it feels. I feel so bad for ya'll right now.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys.

Tamara had a specific dog in mind and will wait until she finds the right breeder / parents.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Gary, I seen this coming. Remember what I told you last night? Same symptoms mine had, very, very, sorry to hear. Sad day for sure buddy. This makes me sad as hell, cause I know how it feels. I feel so bad for ya'll right now.

You were right Drew. I've known in my heart since Saturday that this was the end. I wanted some time with her which I got yesterday and Tamara got some today.

Status
Not open for further replies.