trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pert # 503 26 02 09. I know its a long shot. Going to try another seal, but thought someone might have one (or multiples) somewhere. Thanks.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know the dimensions of the seal Tom? There might be a generic replacement.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know the dimensions of the seal Tom? There might be a generic replacement.

The dimensions are 15x23x4 according to Bob. I've looked at Stihl seals but havent found anything comparable. Husky doesnt put the size of their seals in their ipl so I dont know if any of theirs are comparable. I think I tried that, said it didnt ship to my address. Maybe get someone from Australia involved.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, thats the size. But I've got some questions about the construction because it butts up against a brass worm gear. If its rubber I dont know if it will hold up. The original seal has got metal molded into the rubber that butts up against the worm. We'll see. Got one on order. Have you ever used one on a 2055 application?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, thats the size. But I've got some questions about the construction because it butts up against a brass worm gear. If its rubber I dont know if it will hold up. The original seal has got metal molded into the rubber that butts up against the worm. We'll see. Got one on order. Have you ever used one on a 2055 application?

Not on any new saws. I mainly mess with old mag. Most all metric seals are steel shell like a standard seal and full rubber coated anymore.