new clone guy trying to get info on some stuff

cloneguy

Active OPE Member
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ok so this is a video on my 660 clone faremertec kit and scooter pipe 3d printed intake first off chain is bluntish first full chis chain on this saw (have a lot to learn on chains) what i am asking is what jetting is people are running in the clones and oem 660 i am up to a 85ish jet (i drill out my jets) and from what i can see is most are rung 75 ish
its a stock kit other then windined intake and exh port cleaned up tranfers with a pop up

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't help with the jet, I put a 74 jet in mine, but I just want to say that's a good running saw.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
8:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to agree with Ronie and welcome to the OPE forum. Your saw runs very impressively as is. I rebuilt my MS660 with quite a few Farmertec parts after the original owner who virtually killed it said, "Rebuild it and its yours to keep." My total cost was about $160 for the parts.

I usually run full chisel chain and only occasionally skip tooth. The saw has excellent power, like yours, and most of the time I am cutting hardwoods like oak, ash, locust, and berry woods (mulberry, hackberry, etc.). My saw is only stock, but it never ceases to impress me. Original owner paid $900 for it new, but now he's running 661c and 500i and admits that m-tronics have spoiled him forever.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s good to see your wearing the good ozzy protection shorts. I cant see the jandles thou ;)
:risas3:
Edit: good sounding saw with that pipe,, almost sound like I,m underwater :thumbsup:

cloneguy

Active OPE Member
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks for everyone replys the vid dosent do the sound justice its blowing out the mic its so loud lol and as for how its runing its down on power as i havent done much work to the cylinder need to cut the squash band and base its onley runing 175 to 180 psi and i think thats a bit low i will aim for 200 and try runing it on ethanole and caster oil as i carnt get methanole close to where i live. i know more compression and lifting the exhaust roof will give it more power first few cylinders i did had more power but locked the saw up a few times and riped the plating off pyros got close to 600 now i tune to 550 ish and it hasnt been a problem i plan on racing it in the under $1000 class if i get it runing right. dose any one know a home made square grinding grinder build thread is tryed search and google but no luck