High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

My first attempt at a bonifide porting job...

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Whats the date and location of this GTG you are speaking of??

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just checked it out. Looks like a good time and not too far away. I used to haul aluminum coils to the Ball Metal can factory in Saratoga Springs nearby. I wouldnt even need a map for most of the trip!

But, it's getting to a very busy time of year for us and our free time on weekends will be getting more precious. Not saying yes or no just yet... Would like to say yes though. Will have to play it by ear and see what we can get done between now and then.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make it if you can, it is a nice event, and would be good to see you guys and your saws.

I got relatives not too far from you, near West Winfield, on Rte 51 about 5 mi South of Rte 20.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, my brother XP_Slinger and I just got home from our little get together with Spike60, Weimdog and a couple other fellas. A great time was had by all. Weimdog had a nice 18" HARD maple log for some test-n-tune cuts and Josh and I got to put a good stress test on our 372's. That log was such a stubborn SOB that the raker height on the brand new Oregon full comp I had on my saw was a tad too low, making it chatter a little and grabby in the cut. I swapped to a chain that the rakers were a touch higher on and it made a big difference. No it wasn't making powder, it was cutting right about like you would want it to.

So on to the cool stuff. My XPW tuned to 14.4k no load with no sign of being too lean either no load or in the cut. Pulled VERY strong and Weimdog was thoroughly impressed after he gave it a whirl.

Josh's XT got a brand new OEM unlimited coil today from Spike60 and on initial startup and making no adjustments to the carb from where he left them yesterday his spooled up to 14.9k no load! We thought that a bit much and tuned it to 14.2k and like mine it showed no signs of being too lean in the cut or with no load. Again, this saw pulled through that hard maple like an animal and again Weimdog was thoroughly impressed... To quote his words on how we did: "Those saws are real a**-kickers!" It was really cool to get that kind of feedback on our builds from another person who has so much experience with saws.

I got to try a 562 for the first time in this little session. It is slightly modified and I was darn impressed with how that saw pulled through that maple! No, it wasn't as quick as our 372's, but it would get through faster than my moderately modded 357. The 562 delivers on the promise of resetting the bar in the 60cc class!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely a good time. I think my saw revved that high because the unlimited coil I installed this morning has a different advance that increased idle rpm by roughly 800rpm. I forgot to adjust the high speed after I got the idle back down to where it should be. Live and learn, it sounded good though.:)

Last edited:

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One last little goodie for my XPW, a new TSB 24" bar... Picked it up from GKS yesterday for $54.95, which I thought was very fair. They were sold out of the lightweight version but it's all good, I REALLY like this bar!

Josh and I cut a mess of wood at our Dad's place today, got to try it out. :)

IMG_20160416_093603923.jpg