grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi all,
Help to find,
Mowed some real nasty grass and found all the debris covering me and the mower also found its way into and behind the throttle lever,also into the drive bars linkages,more so the rights side.
Over the couple of days the grass packed in behind the throttle and I was loosing low revs. It was a bastardio
To pick out from behind the throttle etc.

Does anybody know where to find something like a gear lever sock around the place made to suit, or something close.
Thanks...

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, I get you m8. I could knock something up but I'd rather buy something that suits if it's out there.
It's the little things that bug me,lol. The guards around the drive bars is shaped like a funnel, bad by design. A flanged bag atop the guards would solve it and be self cleaning.

Sorry, just saw your link. That's it, you can get the square base flanged for your cars many years ago, maybe I should look that way too.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some pics could help please

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A replacement gear shifter boot for like a honda could work too maybe and yeah grass getting in there would piss me off.

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah,it's more the throttle that a pain. The linkage you can get at. To do a thorough job I probably need to take guards off. From the get go you need to take the dash out for the throttle just to clean it. It's one of things that once sorted you never need to look at again. Can't say much about other makes as I've not looked, but it would be a nice standard for Toro, well at least on the Ozz versions I've seen.maybe different elsewhere?

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
:DOk, I've sized up a candidate of eBay @ $5.00 AU each.
I'll give it a couple of days to see if we can't find an existing after market suited, if not, it's pimp my ride,lol...

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good luck and welcome and if you have chainsaw question this is the place to be.

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good luck and welcome and if you have chainsaw question this is the place to be.
Yeah thanks, I'll take you up on chainsaws, I've an old ProMac 800 that could use some attention. ....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Brewz is on your side of the pond and does some great work I would look him up.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But what is the macs problem?

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Probably just a good tune, but I'll post in the chainsaw section once I've inspected it. No rush for that at the mo, it's more of a relic now but it's in pretty good condition.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a whole Mac thread here you could ask around

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it was an SP125 I could fix it for you by taking it off your hands :)

Definitely hit the Mac thread!

Welcome aboard mate :)

grashoper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I all,
Can I just say that the issues in this post were most likely caused by the misuse of the mower and probably outside the manufacturers recommendations. Mowing off the deck with the front wheels a foot and a half in the air hardly constitutes correct, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. IMO, the throttle issue could sneak up gradually over time even when using the machine as is designed, so as I like tinkering I intend to sort it.

I've ordered a couple of gear lever boots that (dare I say it) suit a Ford Focus, from China. So you might have to wait 4 months ( receiving parts ) and half a day
( fitting ) lol, for the results. I'll post a link to the parts and an update with photo info of the fit out FYI if you wish to do the same.

Thanks Mick.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds good I know the leaf blower has become my friend for cleaning out the mower after each uses