High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Minty 048 found, but I need a NOS piston, if anyone is hoarding one...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You won't be disappointed in how it runs .It's been said back in the day this model had the highest power to weight ratio of any in that time period .It's questionable why it was discontinued .Some say it was because of crankcase leaks because some of the early either 042 or 048 used slotted head screws instead of torx heads .Other urban legions abound as well ,which are true I have no idea .I think I replaced what slotted head screws on the two 048's and one 042 I own plus used the larger bar nuts instead of the flanged head they came with .

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You won't be disappointed in how it runs .It's been said back in the day this model had the highest power to weight ratio of any in that time period .It's questionable why it was discontinued .Some say it was because of crankcase leaks because some of the early either 042 or 048 used slotted head screws instead of torx heads .Other urban legions abound as well ,which are true I have no idea .I think I replaced what slotted head screws on the two 048's and one 042 I own plus used the larger bar nuts instead of the flanged head they came with .
Yep, the crankcase was known to leak on the early 042's, this 048 must be a later one as it has allen head screws for the crankcase. Still, I was able tweak them up a little...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Allen head of course are far better than slot heads .Torx however have larger heads and should gain more "purchase " .I found them in bulk or basically as a unit from North Wood saw on the net for a fraction of OEM price .