Maybe A step forward for Carbs......

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That’s a few years old if I remember right
September 2017 on the vid , new to me and no sign of them for "General release" in this part of the world yet .

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's very interesting. But the diaphragm isn't the only carb part that ethanol and more importantly the water content it creates negatively effects. Step in the right direction though. But I'll still buy e-free fuel for all my stuff.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's very interesting. But the diaphragm isn't the only carb part that ethanol and more importantly the water content it creates negatively effects. Step in the right direction though. But I'll still buy e-free fuel for all my stuff.
A pump side diaphragm handles ethanol quite a bit better than the much more sensitive metering side.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A pump side diaphragm handles ethanol quite a bit better than the much more sensitive metering side.

I agree wholeheartedly :) the material is the problem not the ethanol o_O:eek:.

Some epa peeps say (wtf they like), and everyone else has to jump and change . Not that is easy for us consumers to say much.

I say ethanol free fuel, but there again I live in the uk and aspen fuel is taxed like road fuel. Who uses aspen on 5he road !.Nobody listens, only the tax has the real say.

Nah, really it’s just a lack of understanding between those party’s involved. :);)

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
September 2017 on the vid , new to me and no sign of them for "General release" in this part of the world yet .
I have not seen or heard of it being used in saws yet. Cool concept for sure

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly :) the material is the problem not the ethanol o_O:eek:.
The pump side diaphragm I'm referring to is the same material as the metering side. Ethanol makes fuel lines swell up or soften. It will also soften up crank seals, fuel tank vent lines, and intake boots. Black bubblegum.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The pump side diaphragm I'm referring to is the same material as the metering side. Ethanol makes fuel lines swell up or soften. It will also soften up crank seals, fuel tank vent lines, and intake boots. Black bubblegum.
That's along the lines of what I was getting at Jim. Good to see the metering diaphragm redesigned to be suitable but that's not the only component that reacts poorly.