Long sniper shot

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any remaining sounds would have taken 10.4 seconds to reach the target. Not sure how fast 50 cal rounds decellerate. But I imagine the bullet took 5 or 6 seconds to reach the target

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That takes talent. I just finished belong out with a ELR course a few weeks back. After 2800 yards you are in a whole new ball game. When you get over 3000 each 50 yard increment gets progressively more difficult.

Generally scopes are maxed out on adjustment, you are on a lower power to get the most out of your Horus Reticle. A small target like a human is already hard to see at that range on full power, now to back your scope down to low power just to use the full reticle and still see the target.

Then the wind factor.... Out there in the mountains and valleys that wind is pushing that bullet several different directions throughout its flight.

Let's not even get into the spotters job. Being able to spot impacts at that distance is a chore in itself. I'll bet a weeks paycheck that it wasn't a 1 shot impact. It took multiple shots to get on target.

That is one impressive shot. 3500 is a long ways regardless, but you can't fully comprehend a shot like that until you are actually behind a gun and taking the shot. That guy is one bad ass Sniper

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We'll likely never know who did it. The policy here is not to divulge the names of the snipers. I was surprised to see the name of the guy that took the shot in 2002, Corporal Rob Furlong. Maybe he let his name out and may be retired now.

Seeing that there was a bunch of those murdering bastards standing up there, a 120mm may have been more appropriate.

Whitty21

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We'll likely never know who did it. The policy here is not to divulge the names of the snipers. I was surprised to see the name of the guy that took the shot in 2002, Corporal Rob Furlong. Maybe he let his name out and may be retired now.

Seeing that there was a bunch of those murdering bastards standing up there, a 120mm may have been more appropriate.

The special forces guys of the Canadian forces are a well kept secret, even to Canadians. A friend of a friend was a Driver on a tour in Afghanistan. Said he would be assigned to pick "some guy" up. A problem would stop being a problem, and he would drive said guy back

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And that gentlemen, is top notch delivery service!!

I've been around Marine Snipers and Marine Force Recon many a time in my travels...and that is one bad ass sniper and shot!! I agree with Ross the chances of it being a 1-shot impact are very slim at that distance...not saying a blind squirrel don't find a nut occasionally, but the odds are stacked highly against it.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A true Operator will never talk or brag about what they did or do.

I've known a few guys who love to brag about what they have done. When you start talking to others who have known and served with the "talker" usually the stories he tells have been highly embellished.

I've known several Bronz Star, Silver Star and Navy Cross recipients and one guy who could be receiving the Congressional Medal of Honor. All these guys are MARSOC and Recon Marines. A majority of these guys will never talk about what they've done, they'll all talk their buddies up.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A true Operator will never talk or brag about what they did or do.

I've known a few guys who love to brag about what they have done. When you start talking to others who have known and served with the "talker" usually the stories he tells have been highly embellished.

I've known several Bronz Star, Silver Star and Navy Cross recipients and one guy who could be receiving the Congressional Medal of Honor. All these guys are MARSOC and Recon Marines. A majority of these guys will never talk about what they've done, they'll all talk their buddies up.

My FIL has two Bronze stars from Vietnam. All he ever said about the war was fresh officers didn't last long and loud people would get ya KIA.

Last edited:

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Custom 22-250?

I got one too. :beer-toast1:

Jeff Hankins built mine[/QUOTE

Wish I had one. Mine is a simple Savage that was set up by a old friend a few years ago. It has a Stocky,s Stock and Nikon 4.2 x 14 x Buck master scope. It will shoot much father than I can see. ( Longest coyote was about 480 yards ) Sorry for the bad pics. It does not have a custom barrel as of yet.

( There is nothing made that will let me see over 2 miles. ) lol.

Attachments

• 100_1929.JPG
    100_1929.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_1931.JPG
    100_1931.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 16

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish I had one. Mine is a simple Savage that was set up by a old friend a few years ago. It has a Stocky,s Stock and Nikon 4.2 x 14 x Buck master scope. It will shoot much father than I can see. ( Longest coyote was about 480 yards ) Sorry for the bad pics. It does not have a custom barrel as of yet.

( There is nothing made that will let me see over 2 miles. ) lol.
IMG_1824.JPG

Here's mine