High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Just gotta chuckle!

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So....Brother-in-law brings me this nasty looking little CS-340 Echo saw. Tells me it hasn't been started for years.....and last time he tried to cut with it the chain had become very dull....so dull it would not cut at all. The saw looked to be covered with mold, pump bulb rubber was missing, and the chain was on backwards. Pulled the rope and it had great compression. I replaced the bulb, put a kit in the carb (only because I didn't have a replacement carb on the shelf but did have a kit), and poured fresh gas in it! Fired right up. Tune tune tune...purred like a kitten with hiccups at idle...nice running saw! So now I have a really dirty nice running saw that has the chain on backwards and wont oil. I pull the bar and chain, and, sure enough, the oil port on the bar is caked with old hard gunk. Cleaned the bar, sharpened the chain (chain looked brand new once clean), put it back together, runs and cuts like new. Wow that 340 is a nice little saw.....and it cleaned up to look almost like brand new. I'm ashamed to say I was almost hoping my BIL would just give it to me to keep!!!

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He should give it to you just because he clearly should never own a saw. I bet the back side of those teeth are terrible now. The shame:risas3:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great story, we all have our stories! Once got an
Fs250 because it had a sticky switch, fixed the other one be bad same switch issues, he was happy as a clam. Worked on 390xp that had a stuck recoil, they thought it was locked up, felt bad for charging $20

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
12:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my friends gave me an Echo CS-346 last year. He said it did not run, was toast, and, "Fix it and its yours." All this saw needed was an air filter cleaned up and the spark plug wire was a bit loose. Compression was excellent, 16" bar was perfect, carb was clean, etc. I installed a new chain.
upload_2022-1-9_17-10-54.jpeg

It cleaned up really well. I like this saw and used it this past fall to save a few branches that I cut to length for firewood. Believe me, it has the power to cut much more than that. Nice and light with good power. RD35, Basher, and I are all on the same page. Anyone else used one? Just curious.

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Easiest fix I ever did on a chainsaw, flip the switch to the on position, second easiest fix was put some mix in the tank.

Repaired a Homie 150 for a friend a few years ago. Just needed new fuel lines, carb cleaned, etc......ran beautiful...torquey little varmint! Anyway, a week later he calls me! Saw stopped running and won't start. Brings it back to me. I walk out of the shop door when he pulls in the drive. He pulls the saw from his truck bed and says it ran fine at first but now it won't start. I pulled the gas cap off.....dry as a bone!! Grabbed my premix and gave it a couple gulps...3rd pull it was running! He turned red as a beet and apologized. I told him it happens to all of us at one point or another....all good!!!:thumbup:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
12:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My easiest fix could have been this craftsman 4218 that a friend said, "I've pulled it until I broke the cord, It's done in my book. You fix it and it's yours to keep."
upload_2022-2-3_10-15-56.jpeg
I found a loose spark plug and the cord broken at the knot. I reattached the same cord with a new knot. The saw started and ran fine with no change in the carb settings. I seldom use it but I still have it.