Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What this is going to do is backfire on them. Instead of tracking money, it is all going to go dark. We're I selling a saw, I would have the buyer send me a personal check, and they would wait a week or so until that cleared, and I would send the saw. Now, saws are still going to be sold, but buyers and sellers will be vouched for by others. More relationships will happen, and instead of us all isolating from each other, we will get to know our friends and neighbors that much better.

Also, they will have no clue why money is changing hands. So in essence, they are screwing themselves. Businesses are the ones that are going to get hit hardest, and I don't know what they can do, because they will be the only ones paying the taxes on merchandise. I also don't care which color is at the helm, none of them really care about anything other than what's in it for them.

Stihlalltheway

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
…Businesses are the ones that are going to get hit hardest…
Always have, always will. What do you think “tax the rich” really means? Tax the biggest bank accounts. Guess who has those? Not to mention every dollar a business pays in payroll they give another $.34 to the government in taxes, at least here in mn. People treat business like the enemy. Sometimes bosses suck but they’ve got more going on than people realize.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always have, always will. What do you think “tax the rich” really means? Tax the biggest bank accounts. Guess who has those? Not to mention every dollar a business pays in payroll they give another $.34 to the government in taxes, at least here in mn. People treat business like the enemy. Sometimes bosses suck but they’ve got more going on than people realize.

Small business owners are the backbone of the United States economy. Yet everytime a large business is on the verge of going under due to poor management direction, they make us bail them out. I try to buy as much as I can from mom and pop businesses, but even that is getting hard to do. Unless you are big enough to buy legislation that prevents competition, you get screwed. Shame really. Don't even get me started on inflation.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What this is going to do is backfire on them. Instead of tracking money, it is all going to go dark. We're I selling a saw, I would have the buyer send me a personal check, and they would wait a week or so until that cleared, and I would send the saw. Now, saws are still going to be sold, but buyers and sellers will be vouched for by others. More relationships will happen, and instead of us all isolating from each other, we will get to know our friends and neighbors that much better.

Also, they will have no clue why money is changing hands. So in essence, they are screwing themselves. Businesses are the ones that are going to get hit hardest, and I don't know what they can do, because they will be the only ones paying the taxes on merchandise. I also don't care which color is at the helm, none of them really care about anything other than what's in it for them.

Personal check is taxable. Anything that lands in your bank account gets audited.

I hear there is a large lobby to keep the IRS defunded. That keeps the feds on the smaller fish while mega-money swims free. Who knows? I just live is this ridiculous world.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you cash it instead of deposit does that still get taxed.

Not sure, but I think so. There’s a bank record with your name on it. The audit is key though. If you’re just filing your taxes, the IRS doesn’t track individual transactions. If you get audited they pull your bank records and want explanations for all incoming transactions. It’s not particularly common for low bracket individuals. Small business gets hit a lot more.

Hasn’t happened to me, but a friend of mine ended up with 14k in back taxes.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personal check is taxable. Anything that lands in your bank account gets audited.

I hear there is a large lobby to keep the IRS defunded. That keeps the feds on the smaller fish while mega-money swims free. Who knows? I just live is this ridiculous world.

There may be some truth to this. I was recently reading an article indicating that the IRS has a backlog of 6+ million tax returns from 2021 still to process and about 3 million amended
returns from 20/21 that are still not processed. The CPA that wrote the article advised that people should file as early as possible this year because the agency is so understaffed.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What if I was just paying you back for that money I borrowed? See where I am going with this.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There may be some truth to this. I was recently reading an article indicating that the IRS has a backlog of 6+ million tax returns from 2021 still to process and about 3 million amended
returns from 20/21 that are still not processed. The CPA that wrote the article advised that people should file as early as possible this year because the agency is so understaffed.

I certainly believe that. My taxes were only processed for 2019 and 2020 this December. I filed both on time. I didn’t mind too much since they sent me two stimulus checks when they finally processed my taxes.

What if I was just paying you back for that money I borrowed? See where I am going with this.

What if you end up in federal prison for money laundering and tax evasion? I have no idea where the vagaries of tax law lie but the man wants his money and doesn’t mind running little guys over to get it. I’ve heard horror stories of guys paying huge taxes because of petty crap like not logging mileage for business fuel expenses. Seems the rule is if you don’t have documentation, you’ll pay.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
If you cash it instead of deposit does that still get taxed.

Nic when I cash a check at my credit union the money comes out of my account until the check clears. So in other words a check when cashed leaves a paper trail. It’s not as good as cash.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nic when I cash a check at my credit union the money comes out of my account until the check clears. So in other words a check when cashed leaves a paper trail. It’s not as good as cash.

Doesn’t always work but if you go to the bank on the check is that the same?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Doesn’t always work but if you go to the bank on the check is that the same?
Iirc when a check is cashed the bank is required to make note of it. Been that way for a long time. Cash is king. Well at least until they start putting rfid tags in ito_O

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I added some photos to the original post, piston pictures by request.

2152 - clutch side
IMG_20220131_103223811.jpg

I have another 2165 that's in nicer shape and a 2171w but either of those I'd need to be more persuaded to sell.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I added some photos to the original post, piston pictures by request.

2152 - clutch side
View attachment 325943

I have another 2165 that's in nicer shape and a 2171w but either of those I'd need to be more persuaded to sell.
Is this the 2152 from the beginning of this thread? Also, what kind of money for the 2165?

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Second 2165 this saw I bought off AS maybe 2 or so years ago. Base was but to get squish to .019ish otherwise it's stock. It has a meteor piston, I pulled the muller today for the first time and it does have some scratches. The 2172 sticker is just a sticker, recoil was sticker less.
$425
IMG_20220131_112843617.jpg
IMG_20220131_112852757.jpgIMG_20220131_112906641.jpgIMG_20220131_145240962.jpg