High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

I'm sorry but Stihl distributors suk.....

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man do they ever. My local Stihl dealer had a chain sale..buy 1 get one free. I'm all set with round ground, but decided to get some square ground. Told them I needed full comp for my 18, 20, 24, and 28" saws. The 28 was .404 .063, the rest was 3/8 .050. Seeing as my dealer really doesnt deal with square ground ever, they said they would have to order it for me. Cool. I paid em and walked out the door. Well my order came in, about 3 weeks later, and to my surprise none of my chains were full comp. Half skip on the 3/8, full skip on the .404. So I expressed my displeasure, and they promised to get it right. Well recieved a call from them that their distributor does not handle full comp in 3/8, only half skip, and full skip in .404. They said, however, that they would be glad to order me 100 feet of full comp chain, which they sell. I told them to go to hell, and called Stihl. Stihl verified that the distributor for that dealership ONLY handles full comp in 100 foot rolls. WTF!!! I am so fuc#### mad right now. Its not the dealers fault. Totally suks......

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the dealers defense, only 2 people order them, me and another guy, and the other guy bought a 100 foot roll. Square ground just is not used around here because not many people know about it. If Stihl sells it, the distributor should handle it in my opinion. Would you buy a 100 foot roll of 1/2" chain if you only sold 8 feet of it a year?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Besides, the distributor should support their clients by stocking such items or getting them from Stihl. Does Stihl make square ground comp chain in various lengths? They had no problem coming up with 1/2 skip and didnt have to buy a roll.If the distributor stocked a 100 foot roll and spun chains for their dealers that didn't sell much of it, it's easier to go through a roll of it if you've got 100 dealers at 8 foot a year than 1 at 8 foot....

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, square ground chisel. They haven't heard of it in the Middle Atlantic, at least in MD . You should have heard me Trying to explain to the dealer what I wanted. He deals with alot of arborists and landscapers. Just nobody uses square ground around here. Hes been in business since '80 and I went to school with him. He has Stihl, Echo, Exmark, Gravely, Cub Cadet, etc., all the top brands. The guy responsible for ordering told me he'd order in 100 foot roll but he doesn't
want to sit on excess inventory for a couple of years. But they do go through a lot, and I mean a lot, of round ground.. just getting into square so it' easier for me to get it factory made that way..

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I stand corrected. I was ranting for nothing. It seems like they only have full comp in 100 foot rolls. I wonder why more people don' buy it and sell chain. If they sell 1/2 skip in 66 do, why won' they sell full comp. Fu#@$$$ Stihl.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My dealer does same i called stihl southeast and they dont even hardely have 63 gauge in southeast 3/8 let alone square 3/8 63 gauge in half full skip or full comp i have to order from baileys or get it from redbull when hes got it.i agree with you. How can you sell what you aint got? If its available why is it only proprietary to region.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Many Stihl dealers sell so much other equipment that special chain orders for chain saws are just a PITA. They can afford to get you upset while they sell a dozen other pieces of outdoor equipment. Their hands are full, simple as that.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No, square ground chisel. They haven't heard of it in the Middle Atlantic, at least in MD . You should have heard me Trying to explain to the dealer what I wanted. He deals with alot of arborists and landscapers. Just nobody uses square ground around here. Hes been in business since '80 and I went to school with him. He has Stihl, Echo, Exmark, Gravely, Cub Cadet, etc., all the top brands. The guy responsible for ordering told me he'd order in 100 foot roll but he doesn't
want to sit on excess inventory for a couple of years. But they do go through a lot, and I mean a lot, of round ground.. just getting into square so it' easier for me to get it factory made that way..
I'm talking about what they have available on their shelf at the dealer.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Many Stihl dealers sell so much other equipment that special chain orders for chain saws are just a PITA. They can afford to get you upset while they sell a dozen other pieces of outdoor equipment. Their hands are full, simple as that.
Agree

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The attitude that the one guy out of ten is insignificant is the same at my Stihl dealer.. hence the reason I lean heavily on my husky dealer...

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the dealers defense, only 2 people order them, me and another guy, and the other guy bought a 100 foot roll. Square ground just is not used around here because not many people know about it. If Stihl sells it, the distributor should handle it in my opinion. Would you buy a 100 foot roll of 1/2" chain if you only sold 8 feet of it a year?

Besides, the distributor should support their clients by stocking such items or getting them from Stihl. Does Stihl make square ground comp chain in various lengths? They had no problem coming up with 1/2 skip and didnt have to buy a roll.If the distributor stocked a 100 foot roll and spun chains for their dealers that didn't sell much of it, it's easier to go through a roll of it if you've got 100 dealers at 8 foot a year than 1 at 8 foot....

It's mostly cost. Same reason why some distributors have heated handles and some do not. Each distributor has to not only order a pallet or whatever but they have to import them from out of country. From what I've always been told is when say so-and-so distributor gets chains they get two options; either get it on the roll or prespun loops. I know at one point, yes they would do "custom" loops to whatever you want but it sounds like they ditched that. So much like your dealer, it doesn't seem reasonable to have a pallet of chains that they sell limited quantities of. General rule of business is the most tied up funds in business is inventory. I shake my head looking at all the rolls of chain I have on my shelf.

In regards to Mike's post, I DO have 36RSL not .404. 46RS is all I carry in the rolls. I do understand your fustration as I have been in the same position but at the same time I understand the distributors point of view. In my opinion, the dealer is halfway responsible as they probably should of checked to make sure said loops were available. I sell 33RS 72DL by far the most so I'm surprised they don't make those loops prespun. I'm not sure your location so in turn which would be your distributor. Just my .02