If you use canned fuel check in here.

Matt Ellerbee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my experience they all work better then reg gas, since I use it to store equipment, it doesn’t matter to me what oil they add to it. VP brand is the most expensive and powercare seems to be the most inexpensive and it works great for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to hear.

I think I will buy a can of the 40:1 and try it out.

NYresQ

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Been using the trufuel 50:1 for a while now in my stihl 261, backpack blower and weedwacker. They all run strong, even after sitting for weeks.

Next time I buy another can, I may go for the 40:1 and see if they are any stronger...

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Almost 10 bucks a liter. I couldnt afford to run that stuff. Especially in the older saws which drink quite a bit. I already used 10 liter of fuel this year just for firewood which would be over 100 bucks in trufuel.
6c945a0402c4e7886c7ee7253ba439e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

NYresQ

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If I know I will be doing a lot of cutting with my saw, (taking down a whole tree or fall clean up) I have the little mini bottles of the stihl ultra oil. I’ll mix up a gallon of regular fuel and use it, But at the end if the day, I’ll drain that stuff and dump it in my can, the fill the machines with trufuel, run them for a couple minutes, to get all the pump gas out, then drain the trufuel and run them till they stall out.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At $10bux a liter...by NOT running this fuel you could buy yourself a brand new MS462 after burning 100 litres of mix.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run canned fuel in certain equipment. My back pack mister, hedge trimmer, hand held blower, Harbor Freight 800W generator, and small trimmer. All of these items sit a lot. I do not burn but 5-6 qts of fuel through all of them a year. 6 qts locally is ~$36.00. The cost of one carb kit at the local dealer is ~$15.00. When I grab one of those items, I want them to go. My big saws, mower, etc. all get E free with stabilizer and they all run on 40:1. Yes, even my B48 Onan runs on 40:1. I find it much easier to keep two types of fuel in cans; mixed and diesel. Never any question on if it is safe to put into an engine. Yes I spend some extra on oil. What is the parts and labor though on one burned up saw if I mess up?

mcginkleschmidt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a couple of weeks ago I bought a new supply of Trufuel 40:1 as I was just about out of supply. As always my local Home Depot only carries the loose cans in stock but their online case of 6 price of Trufuel 40:1 ($28.44) comes out to $4.74/can with free shipping on $45. I placed an order for three cases but the shipping time, probably due to the Thanksgiving holidays, took about ten days from Home Depot. After I placed my order with Home Depot I found that Amazon also sells Trufuel 40:1 at the same case price of $28.44. I routinely use 40:1 ratio mix but for some some reason the Trufuel 50:1 case of 6 price is much higher at both Home Depot and Amazon at $36.86/case.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let Home Depot know. They will match the price...Give you a refund...

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me ex-wife, lives eight miles away from me, has always used the Husky can stuff...she ain’t about no mixing nuthin’. Her Husky blower and weed eater have never had a single problem for years now. I’ve tried to talk her into the mix thing, I’ll paint pen the cans to differentiate what’s what...I’m gonna let the no-problemo situation roll. It’s worked all this time...no sense in *f-wordkin’ it up. Mind you folks, this is a very educated, Nuclear Medicine Director at a very prominent hospital in Macon, Ga...

...if you think I’m gonna throw a multiple gas can wrench in this ‘what works equation’...Judas Priest couldn’t have sang it better.‘ You gotta another thing coming.’ She’d straight gas the dog *s-wordt outta either one of ‘em in a NY minute, btwn adding multiple cans and the straight gas for the riding mower. I ain’t about complicating things...sometimes you just leave well enuff alone!

Master Bud II

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone use the the true fuel 40:1? I got a "gallon" of it a few months ago. I went to put some in a saw that won't be getting used much for a while and it had no color. I got paranoid and dumped it back in the can, and poured a bottle of oil in and mixed it up. Just wondering if anyone else used it before and noticed if it was clear or had any color. I've used the 50:1 before and it had a reddish tint i think.

I've run the True Fuel 40:1 in My Solo 690, if I remember correctly it was faint in color, and there 50:1 in My Husky, If it's over 100° or Running Them Hard I Prefer the 40:1 I switch back and forth, and Never adjust the carburetors. That's All I Run is Caned Fuel, I Live in Ca. And pump gas Kills any performance 2 Stroke. When I Went to Idaho I took 7 gallons with Me , and Mix oil Also... a local general store sold E- free so I bought 5 gallons Also and went through Most of it in Six days of cutting, clearing trails, getting Dead trees down ( Bark Beetles), and Helping a Vietnam Vet, missing part of a leg. cutting up an entire Logging truck of Log's for him. well 60% of the load the last night We were There. I Hate spending the Money, But they Run Sooo Much better, Don't vapor lock, and Don't destroy pistons.