High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna X-Cut C83 chain

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I had 6 boxes of the C83 sent a friend 1 box, my dealer sells primarily .058 and the C83 came with there order of 572s and they didn't want it, so I got it, list price there is $23.00 a box, I have ran it some and really like it so far, it's definitely harder then Oregon, but it runs smooth out of the box, seems like really nice chain..

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You only put a chain on one way last time I checked sir, the oil grooves probably face the oil pump outlet in the bar.
That makes sense, especially since I referred to the defined oil groove indent that carries to the joints.

Would have thought they’d have something to help carry the oil on the opposite side of the drive link as well though. I’ve seen several different brands with a hole in the drive link, that probably helps as much as anything to keep oil in the bar groove. Some Stihl chain has dimples on both sides, etc. Just an observation, not smart enough to say it makes any difference.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 174353 View attachment 174354 C83 and EXL comparison. The c83 top plate is incredibly sharp out of the box. Also it’s very smooth. When you handle the loop it moves with no resistance whatsoever. I was hoping for a little more hook on the EXL. I’ll try and do a video later in the day if I can get away from the bench. I don’t think I have a file that will recreate that profile on the C83 tho. Lol. You can feel and see the quality of the husky chain. They have definitely done their homework.
That's not at all how my exl looked, seemed as though it had more hook than the witness marks, looked just like that husky chain. I really noticed it converting it to square.

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had 6 boxes of the C83 sent a friend 1 box, my dealer sells primarily .058 and the C83 came with there order of 572s and they didn't want it, so I got it, list price there is $23.00 a box, I have ran it some and really like it so far, it's definitely harder then Oregon, but it runs smooth out of the box, seems like really nice chain..
Is it any faster than standard full chisel Oregon? Does it come in skip tooth?

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This was tested by Forestry.com. Nov, 2017?
Lars is a seasoned faller in Europe.

Ms 462 vs. 572XP
"
"When testing both these new chainsaws, we can not help comparing them. The discussion with Lars-Erik cooks down to that:

“- If it wasn’t for the C85 saw chain I would go for the MS 462.”

Lars-Erik thinks both chainsaws are comparable when it comes to rage and power. MS 462 is lighter and he feels this when working with the saws. 572XP, however, works very well with Husqvarna C85, the new 3/8 chisel saw chain.

We also notice this when doing cookie cutting in the same aspen log. Husqvarna 572XP with C85 saw chain do the best cut around 2,2 seconds. Stihl MS 462 cuts in about 3 seconds. Remarkable is that Husqvarna 572XP with the old saw chain H42 cuts cookies in + 4 seconds at it’s best. This shows how good the new C85 seems"
----------------------------------------------------------------
It really just tells you It cuts good out of the box. If Lars sharpened all three up then maybe we would have something to compare with. I don't understand the point of out of the box comparisons?
I think I realised real fast that I could file a chain that suited my cutting a lot better than a factory grind. Sharpening a chain out of the box is something I have almost always done. I don't remember not doing.it. Actually one time a couple years ago falling on the coast in Hemlock I didn't have a chain ready to go so I ran the blue tip Oregon chain. It responded really nice in that wood with the dogs. It takes a while to doctor up a new chain for cedar, as there is generally a mix. I wouldn't make a habit of it on a job but it was a nice glide in the Hemlock compared to my 7/32 Cedar hook. (Which is best for the Red Ceder.)
It was kinda like riding a moped. It's fun until your buddies catch ya.

BTW.. that was Aspen they used in the test. (Link above^^)
I see the new chain in this thread and it has a heck of a hook on it.
It would respond well in the Aspen I have cut. Actually all hardwoods I have crosscut but as soon as you try a humboldt angle cut with falling dogs its dead in the water. She'll clutch out. It generally worse with a smaller tree than a bigger tree too. You would likely get close to that angle with a 3/16 file.

*Note
From what I have seen European Fallers construct the angle felling cut without use of dogs as well they have the tinniest dogs on their saws. and seldom use the humboldt but conventional cut. Each makes the difference in all three of these mentioned above.

Last edited:

Shawn Freebairn

OPE Member
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
any idea when we will see C83 available at a dealer level? I read above that Husqvarna's warehouse has it in stock here in the US, but I can't find it anywhere to buy. Even the C85 .58 gauge is scarce. I can find the sp33G .325 X-Cut chain everywhere. I called Baileys that I bought my new 572XP from but they don't have any and don't know when they will get it in stock. The 572XP cuts much better with the C83 than the H46 Im using the C83 is a lot faster at cutting.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was tested by Forestry.com. Nov, 2017?
Lars is a seasoned faller in Europe.

Ms 462 vs. 572XP
"
"When testing both these new chainsaws, we can not help comparing them. The discussion with Lars-Erik cooks down to that:

“- If it wasn’t for the C85 saw chain I would go for the MS 462.”

Lars-Erik thinks both chainsaws are comparable when it comes to rage and power. MS 462 is lighter and he feels this when working with the saws. 572XP, however, works very well with Husqvarna C85, the new 3/8 chisel saw chain.

We also notice this when doing cookie cutting in the same aspen log. Husqvarna 572XP with C85 saw chain do the best cut around 2,2 seconds. Stihl MS 462 cuts in about 3 seconds. Remarkable is that Husqvarna 572XP with the old saw chain H42 cuts cookies in + 4 seconds at it’s best. This shows how good the new C85 seems"
----------------------------------------------------------------
It really just tells you It cuts good out of the box. If Lars sharpened all three up then maybe we would have something to compare with. I don't understand the point of out of the box comparisons?
I think I realised real fast that I could file a chain that suited my cutting a lot better than a factory grind. Sharpening a chain out of the box is something I have almost always done. I don't remember not doing.it. Actually one time a couple years ago falling on the coast in Hemlock I didn't have a chain ready to go so I ran the blue tip Oregon chain. It responded really nice in that wood with the dogs. It takes a while to doctor up a new chain for cedar, as there is generally a mix. I wouldn't make a habit of it on a job but it was a nice glide in the Hemlock compared to my 7/32 Cedar hook. (Which is best for the Red Ceder.)
It was kinda like riding a moped. It's fun until your buddies catch ya.

BTW.. that was Aspen they used in the test. (Link above^^)
I see the new chain in this thread and it has a heck of a hook on it.
It would respond well in the Aspen I have cut. Actually all hardwoods I have crosscut but as soon as you try a humboldt angle cut with falling dogs its dead in the water. She'll clutch out. It generally worse with a smaller tree than a bigger tree too. You would likely get close to that angle with a 3/16 file.

*Note
From what I have seen European Fallers construct the angle felling cut without use of dogs as well they have the tinniest dogs on their saws. and seldom use the humboldt but conventional cut. Each makes the difference in all three of these mentioned above.
Since you can't reproduce the profile you may not see any gains if Lars was sharpening the chain.
I still like riding mopeds ;).

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock chain, even c83 or RS for that matter just bores me lol... its a blank canvas that I tune to the specific saw I put it on. It does help when you start with something better out of the box though... less work. I do understand though that for the average person cutting firewood... these newer chains are plenty good enough in performance stock.