High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back story... bought my tree five seven new 2010. Cut 7-10 cord per season and ever since new I always felt the oiler was stingy. With it turned up to the max and the bar oil holes slightly enlarged I always used about 1/2 tank of oil per tank of gas. Well after a little research and some help, I decided to try a mod.
With the oil pump removed, push up on the adjustment screw and remove the pin.
oil pump.jpg
roll pin.jpg
This will allow you to remove the piston. Here's a pic of the pump apart.
DSC00713.JPG
The angled end on this piston creates stroke as it is turned by the worm gear.
DSC00715.JPG
Idea here is to show the starting angle, then increase it a bit to create more stroke. I did that with some emory and a flat surface.
DSC00718.JPG

Last edited:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started with an 82 degree angle and stopped with 80. I did also measure the short side with a caliper. Stock was 16.44, modded was 16.24.
DSC00716.JPG

Back together with a dab of grease and back in the saw.
DSC00719.JPG
DSC00721.JPG

After using the saw for a while now, I can say I am oiling much more. I use just shy of a full tank of oil per tank of gas. YMMV ;)

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice post Jason! Have you had any bar oil leakage when the saw sits? I have a similar saw and she will drain the tank if it sits long enough. Some of my reading/troubleshooting, is pointing me towards replacing the hose on both sides of the pump. :cursing:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well yeah, you got me. It did start to do that after the mod but I attribute it to lack of sealant on the pump hoses. I've been so busy sawing apple wood I haven't had time to muck with it. I read somewhere to dab a small amount of sealer during reassembly.

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back story... bought my tree five seven new 2010. Cut 7-10 cord per season and ever since new I always felt the oiler was stingy. With it turned up to the max and the bar oil holes slightly enlarged I always used about 1/2 tank of oil per tank of gas. Well after a little research and some help, I decided to try a mod.
With the oil pump removed, push up on the adjustment screw and remove the pin.
oil-jpg.461588

View attachment 4720
This will allow you to remove the piston. Here's a pic of the pump apart.
View attachment 4717
The angled end on this piston creates stroke as it is turned by the worm gear.
View attachment 4716
Idea here is to show the starting angle, then increase it a bit to create more stroke. I did that with some emory and a flat surface.
View attachment 4715
Good Thread!

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well yeah, you got me. It did start to do that after the mod but I attribute it to lack of sealant on the pump hoses. I've been so busy sawing apple wood I haven't had time to muck with it. I read somewhere to dab a small amount of sealer during reassembly.
Found the ultra black rtv works good.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found the ultra black rtv works good.
As you suggested, I used ultra black to "glue" everything together, then installed it as an assembly, with some ultra around the hole in the oil tank. Sha Zam! Dry as a bone. I did my best to get every trace of oil off the sealing surfaces. I can't tell you how it has changed my view of this saw. That puddle really pissed me off.