Husqvarna chains don't play

TreeTard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well ive cut through one metal stake before but here's the latest. Took a 36" and 32" chain totally smoked to cut through this bad boy. It wasn't fun and I ended up cutting it out with an axe but here is the bolt that was 8" deep in the face cut. If you try hard enough they can totally cut through metal.

Attachments

• PXL_20230630_223454207.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230630_223454207.MP.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 97

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well ive cut through one metal stake before but here's the latest. Took a 36" and 32" chain totally smoked to cut through this bad boy. It wasn't fun and I ended up cutting it out with an axe but here is the bolt that was 8" deep in the face cut. If you try hard enough they can totally cut through metal.
Yeah you can but why? No way to cut the tree down a little higher then work from the back of stump towards the screw and cut lower if possible to take stump off. Wrecking 40-50$ in chains on one tree doesn’t seem worth it.

TreeTard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not exactly. A 46" diameter tree. The bolt was found in the bottom of the face cut. Not a logging felling scenario either more of a technical tree felling scenario. If that makes more sense of it. I guess I should have painted a better picture. The point was the chains are definitely tough

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not exactly. A 46" diameter tree. The bolt was found in the bottom of the face cut. Not a logging felling scenario either more of a technical tree felling scenario. If that makes more sense of it. I guess I should have painted a better picture. The point was the chains are definitely tough
My buddies that do tree work always Start with the flat on their face cuts and I’ve seen them try higher or lower after they change the chain out if they hit something in the first cut but you must have been in a different situation.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run a X-Cut 3/8" 56DL on my PS-550 and it is the bomb.
Since I have absolutely NO spare chains in 56DL I am getting two more ASAP.
Great chain!

Eduardo K

I like caramel.
GoldMember
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went through a 8p nail with x-cut sp33g and the chain was still “ok” or still cutting well enough that it wasn’t taxing the saw. When I took a file to the chain, only a few of the teeth were damaged, and not that bad. I like the .325 a lot. When my need some 3/8 loops, I’m going to try husky full chisel.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went through a 8p nail with x-cut sp33g and the chain was still “ok” or still cutting well enough that it wasn’t taxing the saw. When I took a file to the chain, only a few of the teeth were damaged, and not that bad. I like the .325 a lot. When my need some 3/8 loops, I’m going to try husky full chisel.
The new Stihl .325 is fast chain but I don’t think it would hold up well to nails but I may be wrong.

Eduardo K

I like caramel.
GoldMember
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new Stihl .325 is fast chain but I don’t think it would hold up well to nails but I may be wrong.
Yeah, I think they have a NK full chisel that’s supposed to be really fast.
I try not to make a habit of cutting nails, so I should check it out.